All reviews indoor pool family suite cades cove large property sofa bed half marathon new owners flat screen hot tub great room gatlinburg and pigeon forge love this place rocking chairs keurig microwave mountains linens
Selected filters
Reviewed December 12, 2018

Just what you need for a couple of days of hiking in the smokies. NOT on the crazy side (aka Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge). Away from the traffic and crowds. Nice staff. Alot of site amenities that we didn't have time to check out.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed November 27, 2018

Exceeded our expectations! We stayed in the King Suites. Updated rooms, comfortable beds, couches, plenty of space for everyone. Friendly staff - large property with lots of room to explore, fun indoor pool, great playground/field for the kids. Close to everything - Cades Cove, Railroad Museum, River. We'll be back!

Reviewed November 26, 2018

Won't be going back to the Tremont Lodge & Resort in Townsend, TN . They charged us $99 for one night at the end of our stay when our daughter and her family had to leave a day early. They even had my daughters room rented for the night to someone else the very same day!

On Aug 29th, my wife reserved two suites for us at the Tremont Lodge & Resort in Townsend for Thanksgiving at $99/night each. Our reservation was for arrival on Nov 20th and checkout on the 25th. We arrived on schedule on the 20th and my wife signed for both rooms and gave them her card info. My Daughter and her family were in one suite and my wife, son, and I in the other. My wife, son & I were there for the full reservation period. My daughter and her family ended up having to leave on the morning of the 24th instead of the 25th as planned. My wife and daughter went into the office and turned the room key card for my daughters room on the morning of the 24th. The desk clerk accepted the key card and said nothing about us having to pay for the night of the 24th for my daughters empty room. On the morning of the 25th when we went to check out, we were told that they have a 72 hour cancellation policy on reservations and that we would be required to pay for my daughters room ($99.00) for the night of the 24th. As far as we are concerned the Tremont Lodge & Resort wronged us and should not have charged us for my daughters room for the night of the 24th. ALSO, I should point out that they had my daughters empty room rented for the night of the 24th by the time we came back to our room. I know because our room was right next to theirs.

The hotels cancellation policy on their website reads "Please note that cancellation within seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival are subject to a charge equal to one-night room and tax. Specific rates or dates may have a special deposit. Cancellation terms." The fact that we arrived on the 20th and paid for two rooms for the 20th thru the 23rd and one room for the night of the 24th should have fully met all of the hotels requirements. However they chose to be greedy. God forbid if you have an emergency that requires you to checkout early.

We won't be returning to the Tremont Lodge & Resort.

Room tip: Look at another hotel
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

I arrived early evening, it was dark and drove past the Tremont because of the lack of street lights on the main road. The check in process was quick, but being told to go back to the main road and take the second right to get to my building was odd. I was also told that the ice machine didn’t work and I could use one at another building near by. The gentleman checking me in also said the hot tub was broken and would be fixed the following day. When I looked the water was low and black - the hot tub was not fixed before I left. The room itself wasn’t bad, but there were a few things that disappointed me. The first was the cobwebs in various spots in the room. Another, the random hairs in two different towels. Lastly, the seal at the bottom of the door didn’t seal properly so I had a constant cold draft coming through and it was 30 degrees outside. Something else that was disconcerting was the yellow caution tape on various balcony railings - I’m not sure why it was there, but if the building had portions hat are not safe people should be staying there.To be fair, I work for one of the most popular travel destinations in the world and my expectations are pretty high. I could’ve complained, but I didn’t. I could’ve asked to be released from my additions nights, but I didn’t. I could’ve stayed at Best Western just down the road (which was cheaper and nicer), but I didn’t...I chose to support small business and not the big chain. If you choose to stay there, speak up and get what you’re paying for. They only get better if they know how/where they can improve.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank CoomeL10
Reviewed October 31, 2018

the room appeared clean but was very average. A little to average for the price we paid it is on the out skirts of gatlinburg and not to far of a drive over that is the only plus I can really say. ...

Date of stay: October 2018