All reviews indoor pool family suite cades cove large property sofa bed half marathon flat screen new owners hot tub great room gatlinburg and pigeon forge love this place rocking chairs keurig microwave mountains linens
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

We came to visit Townsend get get a true feel of rural TN mts. I had booked my room on line on the hotels web site the week before on Oct. 12. When we arrive we where told our reservations where for oct 12 not Oct 19 as I had requested. I found out my card has already been charged even though I had screen shot pictures. I was told everything was booked but the had a lower grade room available and the would do me a favor and book me at 12% off. With a very unhappy husband in tow I took the room. When you see the pic you can see we had to maneuver around a dirty clothes cart. When we go to our room we found and overall very dated room the only one without an balcony. Scratched furniture and not even a table beside the refrigerator. Note this is my FIRST ever bad review but I never want anyone else to fall into this environment. It really dampened a 6 hour trip. If you check my pictures you can see the “full” parking lot and empty hotel. Choose carefully.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

This place is 20-30 min from pigeon forge. Super clean. It is a bit older. Could use a little updating in some areas but a lot nicer than several hotels that are much pricier, and a lot cleaner too. They have an indoor pool, outdoor movies at night. Also a bonfire on some nights. Will definitely be booking this place again for future vacations or weekend getaways.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

I hesitated for a couple of months before writing this review. I actually wrote one just after the trip and decided not to publish it. I recently saw a friend post that they had made reservations here so it motivated me to post my review. We made a reservation in August for a last minute trip. We were only coming up for the weekend so we decided just to book one night and move somewhere else the next night if needed. I’m glad we only booked one night. The pictures make the room look nice. What we got was a room that appeared to have been the office of this hotel building at one time. The smell of Pine-sol was unbearable when you walked in. It gave the appearance of a clean bathroom, but when you enter the bathroom it actually has cobwebs and didn’t appear like it had been cleaned in a awhile. The table and chairs were very wobbly and shouldn’t be sat in for safety reasons. The rocking chairs outside were nice and we spent some time out there to get away from the pinesol smell. The entrance door had some issues and it was hard to get it closed. The sheets were clean, so we decided to stay and check out the next morning. I got up in the middle of the night bare foot to go to the bathroom. That’s when I discovered that the carpet was wet from the end of the bed all the way to the bathroom. I believe the air conditioner leaks water. This is also where I discovered where the Pine-Sol smell was coming from. The Pine-sol was in the carpet. My feet smelled like Pine-Sol from walking on the carpet. I’m not sure if someone knew the carpet was wet and poured Pine-Sol there to drown out the mildew smell or if someone accidentally spilled it there. It’s a shame because the room was quite large and had potential to be something nicer. On the up side, the mattress was comfortable.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We absolutely love the Tremont!!!! We had a great room with a porch and rocking chairs that we enjoyed rocking in and chatting about our days hikes. The pools are wonderful and there are great restaurants close by. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are easily reached by back roads enjoying beautiful views. We love the quiet and relaxing atmosphere!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

After wanting to stay here for a while, I finally got a good price and tried it. The room had more down sides than up. The things that I liked were the great wifi and finally a decent coffee maker and coffee.

On the downside, there was no where to sit and eat or set up your laptop. There was a dresser, a table for the television, and an extra large nightstand type of table between the beds. The air conditioning unit was snuggled up right next to one of the beds, making it useless. There was a sliding door to the outside. The rail didn’t have a gate to get to the grounds.

I stayed 3 nights. After the first night I put the do not disturb sign on the door because I didn’t need anything done in the room (I went to the office to replace the coffee pods). The maid left a note on my door saying that she was sorry she couldn’t refresh the room. The next day I didn’t put the sign out and she refreshed the room. I had the air conditioning set at 72, when I returned she had rest it to 68 degrees. Why not leave it as I had it?

The upside was that I saw the maintenance man every morning as I was leaving and we talked. He even called me by my name.

Date of stay: September 2018