Gracehill Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Townsend
See available hotels
Talley Ho Inn(Townsend)
  • Pool
Townsend Lodge(Townsend)
View Hotel
All reviewsb broman holidaybeyond wordscasablanca roomviews are breathtakingtable settingsthe smoky mountainsfine chinadeck watching the sunsetturn down serviceeach morningstar restaurantbirds chirpingperfect balancelittle piece of heavenother guestsnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Beautiful setting. Calm and relaxining. So many things to do in the area. My husband and I started each day with a fabulous breakfast. Kathy was an incredible hostess. She helped us plan our days. The inn is absolutely beautiful. There is so much attention to comfort and detail, we didn't have to ask for a thing. Our room was quiet and luxurious. The balcony overlooked the mountains. We enjoyed hearing about how the materials were brought up the mountain to build the house. Kathy is a natural stoyteller. She sits with the guests at breakfast. I felt like I was at home with the family. I got so many decorating ideas from her home! My husband ususally has to be dragged to B and Bs, but he truly enjoyed the experience. We hope to go back someday!!

1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed July 22, 2013

As I write this review, I find it ironic that it is the One Hundred and Second 5 star review.... and I am beginning the countdown of 102 days until I can return to Gracehill. Coincidence, I don't think so. Ahhhh, the memories and even more excitement for our future visit in the Fall.

I planned the trip to Gracehill as a surprise treat for my spouse. Our usual trip to the beach with family and friends was set aside to experience the serenity and peace of the mountain top at Gracehill. We never, not for one second, missed the beach!

The home has lovely LARGE bedrooms, each with private bath, TV, all amenities necessary for your peaceful retreat. The rooms are beautifully furnished - but not stuffy and ornate. Very livable and welcoming. (Not your Grandmother's house, by any stretch of the imagination!)

The huge veranda (where breakfast was served daily) has a magnificent view of the mountain range, that is second only to the sunset every evening. The mid level veranda has the hot tub and offered a great viewing spot as the afternoon showers moved by. We awoke to the clouds beneath us. You just can't fully describe the beauty of the setting.

There are lovely fresh flowers throughout the home and well-manicured gardens surrounding it. My only "caution" - and that word is actually too strong - is of the drive from the main road up the mountain. It is a thrill ride, not for the faint of heart. But let me tell you - YOU DO GET USED TO IT and you'll agree, the view and accommodations awaiting you at the top are well worth the drive.

Last but by far not least, the breakfast. Again, I am at a loss for words to adequately describe the wonderful meals. But, I'll try.

The apricot/almond coffee cake was one of the most delicious things I have EVER experienced. Each day brought a 3 course breakfast/brunch, shared with fellow guests. There was fresh juice, coffee, a pastry/bread course, a fruit course and the finale of a meat/egg/protein dish. Kathy made every effort to accommodate any special diet restrictions, including a vegetarian among us.

Kathy truly presents the most beautiful place settings with a different china pattern each day, along with a different menu. She obviously LOVES to provide her guests a pleasant and memorable experience. This is a calling for her, not just a job.

After visiting Gracehill, I fully understand why my fellow TA reviewers have given a full 5 dot(s), Excellent rating, 99+% of the time. And, I am proud to join them. I'd give 10 if I could!

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and have private baths. Key Largo offered a beautiful view.
1  Thank hrs1117
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Inside and out, GraceHill was a delight! Every detail, from the decor to the delicious breakfast, promises an unforgettable moment in time. Kathy spares no detail in making your visit exceptional. From the menu to the table presentation to making suggestions on how to spend your day, Kathy's GraceHill is a place you will never forget!

Room Tip: Roman Holiday room has beautiful views of the mountains and grounds as well as a bathroom bubbler tub that will make you want to stay in there! Please don't because you'll miss all the other delights!
1  Thank TTyler2
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the inn for three fantastic nights at the end of May. The journey up the driveway gives only a few clues as to the beauty of the property. We were lucky to arrive with some daylight left, because the sunsets from the porch are spectacular to say the least. The property is without a doubt worth exploring in your downtime, to get to experience the elegant landscaping. We stayed in the Key Largo room which is the cheapest room, but in no way whatsoever feels cheap, with its opulent décor, king sized bed, Jacuzzi tub, and Direct tv package, it's definitely not the worst way to wait out a short storm. No review of Gracehill would be complete without mentioning the exceptional hospitality and culinary skill of Kathy, without whom we wouldn't have found halve the places on our itinerary. The breakfast is like the brochure says "an event" and it is certainly something that will get you out of bed with a smile.
All these amenities and it's only a short drive to the Smokey's or Pigeon Forge, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Kathy's attention to detail is amazing. We were married at Gracehill a week ago, in a perfect ceremony, perfectly arranged by Kathy. It was a PLEASURE to be able to arrive, and simply get dressed and not worry about ONE detail. Her Inn is beautiful, the gardens are beautiful, the location is breath-taking. We stayed in the Spellbound room and enjoyed all of the wonderful amenities it offers while listening to the quiet chatter of a waterfall just outside our door. Kathy provides a breakfast that is a dining experience all on its own...from gorgeous place settings to the beautiful presentation of each course, and yes its a three course breakfast!! And the food is as delicious as it is beautiful. Her knowledge of the area is as detailed as every thing else, and she's so helpful in directing you to the experience you'll most enjoy. Thanks to her great advice, we enjoyed a beautiful hike on a lesser used trail, even though it was Memorial Day weekend we were never bothered by traffic or crowds. We are already planning our next stay with Kathy and trying out a different room. Thanks Kathy, you were a big part of our wonderful wedding memories. We're thinking of renewing our vows with a wedding every year at Gracehill!!!

Room Tip: The Spellbound room is private, and so relaxing with the waterfall just outside the door. Its beautifully appointed and luxurious.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple