“Incredible B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Gracehill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Townsend B&B and Inns
Knoxville, TN
“Incredible B&B”
Reviewed June 4, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Gracehill on our honeymoon. It was an absolutely spectacular place with incredible views, Kathy was an exemplary hostess and made our honeymoon a very special experience. My wife and I intend to make visits to Gracehill on a regular basis for future special occassions. There is absolutely nothing that could have been done any better by Kathy. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself and your significant other to a stay at Gracehill at the next opportunity!

• Liked — Elegant decor in both the room and the entire B&B
  • Disliked — everything was perfect
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cheshire
Reviewed May 21, 2008

What a find! A unique home in a unique location sat at 2500ft looking down onto wonderful vistas of surrounding valleys and hill ranges. Kathy has achieved her dream of a wonderful home in a delightful setting which she is happy to share with others. She is an excellent hostess providing lovely food and accommodation which it would be hard to improve upon. This is an excellent base from which to explore the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. We were sorry we did not have longer
at this B&B and would love to be able to come again.

• Liked — the high standard and range of facilities
  • Disliked — nothing
Lexington, KY
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Words won't do this place justice, but pictures don't either. You must visit Gracehill to understand the beauty. The views are unparelleled and the house itself is immaculate. Every detail is well thought out. When we arrived, Kathy welcomed us and acclimated us with everything. Throughout the stay Kathy was an amazing host and was gracious enough to help us with dinner and activity plans. Breakfast was 3 fabulous courses and varied each day. We highly recommend Gracehill to anyone looking for an experience far more enriching than any hotel can offer you!!!

Fairhope, AL
Reviewed April 30, 2008

My husband and I decided to turn a medically necessary trip to Knoxville into an extended weekend getaway in the Smokies. One or both of us had stayed at several surrounding B&B properities so we thought we had an idea of what to expect at Gracehill. To try to put into words how much Gracehill exceeded our expectations is difficult.

First, I have to describe the concern and attention to detail that Kathy Janke, Gracehill owner, demonstrated before we ever arrived. Knowing the original purpose of our trip was for my husband's medical procedure, Kathy contacted us days before our arrival to check on special dietary needs that he might have. She was placing her food order and wanted to include anything extra we might want. This would be our first indication of how personally, yet not intrusively, Kathy's graciousness is bestowed.

Upon arrival at the top of an impressive one mile driveway (which we hiked down and up the next morning before breakfast), we found the most stunning B&B. Everything about this B&B-- from the home's design, to the materials used in construction including most impressive stonework that Kathy herself helped lay, to the decor, and extensive amenities--exceeded our expectations.

Gracehill is the epitome of what I believe makes B&B's special. We entertained company from Knoxville in the common areas of the home, we played Scrabble at the dining room table (and Kathy stopped momentarily from her morning innkeeper duties to help me in another of my failed attempts to beat my husband), and we gathered with newfound friends from another state and another country over tea, in a hot tub, and around the breakfast table long after the delicious food was eaten.

Our stay was two nights shorter than expected because my husband's medical procedures went so well. Sadly, we were at Gracehill only three nights (in two different rooms because Kathy let us choose to try two of the four rooms in the B&B). Our rooms were Roman Holiday and Casablanca. Our friends who came for two nights were in Spellbound. The other room is Key Largo. Each room is decorated in keeping with its name and each is uniquely special. There isn't a lesser or better room, just different, and Kathy can help you select if your stay happens when a choice is available. I particularly liked the spaciousness, incredible views from the whirlpool tub, and direct access to the back gardens in Roman Holiday. Casablanca has direct access to the hot tub deck, an incredible view of the mountains, and a great tv/dvd.

We liked getting lunch/dinner and shopping in the surrounding areas of Townsend, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlingburg. And Gracehill is very conveniently located right off the road that goes to each of these towns.

Gracehill is now my new reason to travel to the Smokies again and again. In fact, our friends have already given us a gift certificate for the next trip. Congratulations to Kathy for creating a truly, truly, truly outstanding B&B!

• Liked — The B&B's overall atmosphere and views.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
ashleypeyton
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I cannot say enough about Gracehill and the wonderful service that the owner provides to her guests. I've been 3 times, and every trip has been absolutely fantastic. Kathy, the innkeeper, is so welcoming and personable. She works so hard to ensure your comfort and satisfaction...I could never do what she does!

Obviously, the view is fantastic and the breakfast is excellent. I'm a vegetarian, and she always accommodates my "no meat restriction." The reviewer who called the breakfasts "stuffy" is crazy! I've gone to breakfast in my pajamas and robe several times. It's a very lovely three course breakfast, and the other guests are always very nice.

My boyfriend and I always stay in Casablanca, which I highly recommend. The past two times we've been, we have taken my friend and her husband, and they love Gracehill as well.

If you've been to the Gracehill website, you'll see that she does charge more than the average B&B or hotel, but this is a classic case of "getting what you pay for." If I were taking a trip to the area, I would never even think of staying anywhere else. One other thing, we absolutely love the food at Trailhead. Ask Kathy to make you a dinner reservation while you're there.

• Liked — the relaxation factor...
  • Disliked — i never get to stay long enough!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed October 28, 2007

We just got back from a weekend of R&R at Gracehill. This place is magnificent. The views can't be beat, the rooms are beautiful, and the food is delicious. The owner, Kathy, was very welcoming, and helpful about attractions in the area. Her meticulous attention to detail ensures your stay is perfect. The hiking in the area is also fantastic, especially with the leaves changing at this time of year. We'd happily return next year.

• Liked — views
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed October 23, 2007

We arrived late in the evening and were very impressed. Then we woke up the next morning and saw Gracehill in the day time and we were floored. The room we stayed in was perfect. I believe it was called the Roman Holiday. It had every amenity imaginable. I especially liked the two person jacuzzi tub after a day of hiking and site seeing. Gracehill is situated on the top of a mountain peek and the views are breath taking. We spent every morning on the porch over looking the valleys and mountains all around us. Gracehill could not have been any better. My words do not do it justice. It truly was a perfect B&B.
Gracehill is right in the middle of all kinds of activities. Drive a half hour in any direction and you can go hiking on trails with waterfalls, horse back ridding, exploring caverns, or even go to a touristy town to get souvenirs.
We will be coming back any chance we get. Thank you to the owner Kathy. She completed the experience with her hospitality.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Tremont Lodge and Resort
Dancing Bear Lodge
Dancing Bear Lodge
#1 of 10 in Townsend
Highland Manor Inn & Conference Center

Been to Gracehill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!