“Beautiful cabin and soothing creek sounds make this cabin fantastic!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Timberwinds Log Cabins
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at Brookside! The cabin was wonderful. Beautifully furnished and loads of extras. The deck over the creek was lovely and soothing!! The drive up is steep, but definitely worth it! I will always try to stay in a Timberwinds cabin!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Tozlin

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I just got home from a week long stay at Moonlight Vista in Galtinburg in July 2013. The cabin was so perfect for us. We could not have been happier. The view is ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR! I couldn't wait to get up every morning and go out on sit out on the deck and take it all in. The cabin is decorated nicely, they had just installed a new hot tub that worked wonderfully. We had only one small issue with the limbs blocking the dish system, but we received EXCELLENT service and it was fixed by the next morning, not that TV is something that we would have missed anyway. We spent the week hiking to Mt. Leconte, and to several waterfalls in the area. It is a great location, only a few minutes from Gatlinburg. It was the perfect 25th anniversary getaway. I hope to go back and stay in this same cabin again in the future. It will always hold very special memories in my heart.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family really enjoyed our recent stay in Just Serenity. While located only 2-3 minutes from downtown Gatlinburg, the privacy promised by the name certainly made the cabin experience pleasurable and was a great retreat from the busyness of the area. The cabin was beautiful, clean and the location was ideal. The PS3, pool table, hot tub & fire pit made staying in the cabin as appealing as an evening out. We had a fantastic time in Gatlinburg and staying in Just Serenity was a huge factor in making our family vacation such a success. We'll definitely return to this cabin!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracey T
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The Appalachians' ancient age defines their great-grandmother/father's place in land-masses and geographical wisdom. You only have to visit and walk in the mountains to experience an incredible serenity and comfort. I like to carry the walk peacefulness to my mountain residence. I have visited the Great Smokey Mountains since my freshman year in College. I am now a grandfather and retired after forty years of wonderful work. I have lots of experience in hotel, motels, cabins, condo's and homes in the Smokey Mountain playgrounds. I have stayed from Gatlinburg downtown, to all the hillsides and cities that surround that city. Locating Townsend as a travel destination created so many opportunities for fun and peaceful adventures. I have stayed downtown Townsend on the River and up on the hills surrounding the town. Then I located the Red Bank home of Mr. and Mrs. George Ballis.

My wife and I first stayed in 1992. We experienced a restoration of body and spirit. We felt like our three day summer break had been a two week vacation. We booked a long weekend as we checked out and included room for four friends. We had to share this experience. This was just the first of many friendship trips to the Red Bank home. I can only describe Red Bank as home. Yes, someone else's home, but where I know I am always welcome and will always be comfortable. I have enjoyed the changes and surprises provided by the Ballis's management of their mountain home.

Red Bank began life as a one room school house for the children of the area. This history is fascinating and available to read at the home. The home has the serenity of your grandmother's house and all the amenities of the modern mountain cabin. I sit with my first morning coffee, watching the birds and squirrels play in the back yard. I carry my second cup out to the porch or front deck to enjoy the sites of fog and sun at play across dry valley and up the mountains. Behind me Rich Mountain holds back any cares that might interrupt my peaceful thoughts and feelings. I watch the calves frolic in the pasture across the road and listen to the sounds of nature. This is a great place for an evening beverage on the deck in a chair or in the hot tub. The sights and sounds of your day's activity can be discussed and appreciated in the evening quiet.

The living room matches the name and intent of the space. Great books to read, good chairs for reading or conversation, fireplace in season, and easy access to the porch and deck for moving conversations or events. Cook in, marvelous kitchen, grill out on the side porch or go to town for a meal, all easy and all accommodating. Play in the river, walk in the woods, horseback riding or just simple walk through town on the walkway will fill your days. The Visitors Center is interesting and helpful. Artist/Craft-persons are usually in residence. The Historical Museum is a must visit.

Red Bank's visitors includes the newly weds, the families, the grieving and the joyous. The home fulfills its mission to the visitors.

Timberwinds Log Cabins management has provided a very clean and welcoming ambience for Red Bank. They have been easy to facilitate a rental and courteous on every contact. I recommend them and I want to share the experience of Red Bank with all.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Me and my fiancé stayed at the "Awesome View" cabin. It was one of the best vacation getaway's we have taken. The cabin was very clean, remote and peaceful with a great view! And all the comforts of home.
I would highly recommend this cabin if you are looking for that time alone, peaceful getaway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Faith782
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family recently stayed with Timberwinds for the first time. We chose Up the Creek and it was absolutely Wonderful. The sound of the creek was so relaxing. We enjoyed playing pool upstairs at night, Awesome pool table. Loved being able to fix meals on our trip. Loved the Hot tub & Jacuzzi. I most of all enjoyed the screened in porch and sitting room for reading an relaxation time late at night with the free Wifi also .The cabin was...situated in Wears Valley, TN which is nice, just a few short miles form Cades Cove TN or go the other way to Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mechele P
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family recently stayed with Timberwinds for the first time. We chose Up the Creek and it was absoultey gorgeous. The cabin is secluded and has an amazing set up. I have 2 sons and they wanted to play in the creek instead of sight seeing. I enjoyed getting up in the mornings and sitting on the swing outside. The sound of the creek was so relaxing. We enjoyed pool upstairs at night and watched tv. I loved that the cabin was equipped with a washer & dryer. This allowed me to wash all of the laundry before heading home. I would definately recommend this cabin for any family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Best Western Cades Cove Inn
Tremont Lodge and Resort
Tremont Lodge and Resort
#8 of 10 in Townsend
Highland Manor Inn & Conference Center

Been to Timberwinds Log Cabins? Share your experiences!