My family and I were vacationing in the area and decided to find a local restaurant before traveling through Cades Cove. Once we arrived we were seated promptly and the server was extremely nice. But that is the only nice comment I can say about this place. Once we were seated one of the staff brought a high chair for our 1 year old son. There was no safety straps or center support section. We thought this was a family friendly place but it would have been safer for me to hold my child, which I ended up doing since he was sliding out of the chair and turning around. We decided to order the buffet since we were eager to get on the road. The buffet looked decent enough but the food was horrible. The fried chicken was greasy and had no taste whatsoever. Mashed potatoes tasted like they came from a box. The ham was processed and out of a can. The vegetables were tasteless. We passed on the salad bar because the lettuce looked old and had brown spots. The dessert bar consisted of large pans of cake, banana pudding and plates of fudge. While there were several cake flavors to choose from like spice cake, chocolate cake, strawberry cake, and some other cake. (Box cakes for sure) Another issue because there were no labels to identify what you were eating. I understand some foods people recognize immediately but when you have to smell and take a sample just to find out what it is then there is a problem. The buffet is way over priced at 11.95! We decided to pay this price prior to ordering because we thought that this was a local place with fresh food. We were mistaken and while they did have the option to order off the menu I am glad we did not since we would have waited on a disappointing meal. One would think for the amount they charge the decor would be updated. Flash back to the 70's.
We were checking out and noticed that the bathrooms were upstairs. Not sure if there are alternative facilities to meet ADA requirements, we didn't bother to ask. But a word of caution for the elderly and those needing wheelchair accessibility. Would not recommend this restaurant except for the TV show Kitchen Nightmare.