“NO RETURN FOR US....”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We had a good buffet breakfast at the Carriage House Restaurant this morning. The only thing, once we were seated, the waitress asked if I wanted coffee to drink and I said no. She didn't even offer me anything to drink! We returned later in the evening, since we had NO SERVICE at another restaurant in Townsend, for our dinner meal. Again, the waitress, she was different from the one we had at breakfast. She didn't even mention they offered a buffet for dinner, so we ordered off the menu. I went up to view the salad bar and to my amazement they had food for a buffet, for instance, fried chicken, steamed veggies, green beans, mashed potatoes, etc.... I didn't want a salad, so I ordered vegetable soup since it was the soup of the day. My friend got a salad and was finished 20 mins before my soup arrived, which tasted like it was poured from a can and weakened with water. When I went back to the salad bar to get some crackers, which wasn't offered with my soup, they only had two pkgs of crackers for the customers! My soup and entre arrived about 5mins apart. My shrimp was tasty, but the green beans, once again tasted like right out of a can. I still say they were Allen beans!! Our waitress wasn't the friendliest in the world...maybe a long and hard day???!!! When the check was being paid for, I noticed the public restroom(s) is located upstairs, but didn't see a handicap entrance! Go figure!! I don't recommend this place, so you are better off just passing it by and going somewhere else....definitely not TIMBERS either!

Reviewed August 20, 2011

I wish I had something good to say, but the only thing I can think of is atleast there was semi decent peanut butter fudge for dessert on the buffet table. This place has zero ambiance and the staff we came into contact with had zero personality. Will definitely not go back or recommend this to anyone. Place was practically empty when we went at dinner time on a Friday night. That should have been a warning sign to us, but we forged ahead. Dont make our mistake.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed at the Talley Ho Inn next door. I was on a motorcycle and it was about to rain so I was thankful to have a place to eat next door. I walked in about fifteen minutes before closing....they had no problem seating me and serving me from the menu.

I picked fried shrimp, baked potato, vegetable sticks, and salad for my meal. Everything about my meal was good. I'm sure my shrimp and vegetable sticks came right from the freezer but it was really good and filling! Service was good and everyone here was very friendly.

I was certainly thankful to have a good place to eat right next door..

1  Thank Chuck61
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I stopped for lunch on our way to Cades Cove and had the buffet. Most of the food was straight out of a can but far worse than that, the "hot" food was barely lukewarm or cold - and the "cold" food was barely above room temperature. The place was nearly empty and the wait staff was off in another room talking and never came around until it was time for the check. If you are going to eat here, order from the menu and confirm that the food will be fresh cooked for you. We have been married 35 years and designated this place the 2nd worst restaurant we have ever eaten. The food was absolute slop.

3  Thank Mileposts
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Me and my husband are Blount County locals and decided to take a drive up to Townsend for dinner tonight -- we have ate at many of the few restaurants that are in Townsend with no real problems but tonight was the exception -- I can look past the decor if the food is worth eating --lets just say - yes we live in Tennessee but there is no excuse for the red carpet out of the 70's -- let move on past the decor - we were seated promptly - our waiter came over quickly to get our drink and food order - we chose the dinner buffet - which had the normal salad stuff - and then for the hot food there was fried chicken, fried fish, fried clams, pinto beans (out of a can) peel and eat shrimp and a few other veggies. The salad side looked like it had been recycled from one day to the next -salad was limp not crisp - salad dressing was not appropriately marked which I got the french dressing and it was very oily and watered down. The peel and eat shrimp had a bleach taste and smell. Fried chicken was very greasy too. There was gnats and flies swarming around the tables too. Needless to say -- we didn't stay long... tourists and/or Blount Countains dont waste your money/time here!!

2  Thank cillaclarke

Been to Carriage House Restaurant? Share your experiences!