“Very nice update.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
Cape Coral, Florida
“Very nice update.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

It is obvious the owners have spent a lot of time and money to update this older hotel. My room was all new. The carpet, paint, bedding were all new. The decor in the room was all coordinated. The loby was all updated. Very nicely done. This is the best hotel in it's price range in Townsend. I go to this area every few years and plan on staying here in future . The included breakfast is just a typical hotel included breakfast. The rocking chairs by the door to every room is a good touch. The check in lady was efficient , but not a friendly person. For the area of Townsend this is an excellent addition.

Room Tip: The rooms in the corner by the pool have slow Internet.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EconoLodge342, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Cades Cove Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
I am glad that your stay with us was a great one!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

One night at this motel cost me about $180 after taxes and it just wasn't worth that rate. The room was good, basic layout without frills. It appeared to have been remodeled recently with modern fabrics and paint. Everything seemed very clean. Microwave, fridge, and big flatscreen TV were nice to have. All the rooms have rocking chairs just outside the door so you can enjoy the view.

The breakfast was basic with biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage links, fresh fruit, etc. The wifi signal was so weak it was useless.

I would recommend it if you have no other options.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
I apologize for any inconveniences that you acquired during your stay with us. We have worked on fixing those issues.
Tampa FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had a quiet, clean upstairs room with a comfy bed, a large TV and a rocking chair to appreciate the view. How could I find fault with this set-up? Yeah, it was a little more expensive, but I was there in prime foliage season on a weekend, no less. The clerk recommended a great cafe across the street, Miss Lily's which I thoroughly enjoyed. And the breakfast was fine for me. The location and Townsend were a perfect choice for me. I'd go back.

Room Tip: Try the second floor if possible as the noise of cars and travelers loading and unloading is less pr...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am glad that everything was to your satisfaction. Our peak seasons are a little higher than other times. I am glad you enjoyed Miss Lilly's as well. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I spent my first night at Townsend at the Best Western, but the price seemed steep. I had time the following day to research a little and discovered other hotels that had everything but the breakfast but cost nearly half as much! If you want to pay $40+ extra for a warm breakfast, go on. Otherwise, look around at some of the places closer to the mountain first.

1 Thank Jill B
I apologize for any inconvenience in cost as you were probably here during a peak season. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had reservations for 3 nights at this facility. Honestly, we dont understand all the good reviews for this Best Western. The check-in was average, nothing special or welcoming about it. We had the room on the first floor at the end of the building turning to the right as your leaving the office (#122-A). The room was large and appeared clean. The bathroom was large and there was a second vanity area which was nice. When I went to take a shower the first evening I found a spider in the towel I took off the rack. The shower head was on a bar and kept sliding down. Made showering difficult when you have to keep moving the shower head back up. Theres a mat glued onto the bottom of the tub that was dirty and it was loose on one end. When I made the bed I saw that the bedspread had a large stain on it. I turned it over and saw what appeared to be spill or food spots on the other side. You could tell it hadnt been washed in a while. Disgusted, we tossed the bedspread aside. The second evening I went to the front desk to get more coffee packages and clean towels/washcloths. It was only 8:30 pm but the doors to the lobby were locked and no one was at the desk. I went to the night lobby (even though it wasnt after 11pm) and rang the bell. No one came. I waited for 15 mins, rang the bell a couple more times, still no one came. I went back out and around to the main lobby, the doors were still locked and still no one was at the desk. I went back to the night lobby one more time, no one ever came. After 30 mins of this I gave up and I went back to our room. We got our morning coffee the IGA during the rest of our stay in Townsend. We kept finding bugs crawling around in our room. Every day we'd find large black bugs. During our stay here we also kept finding dog hair on our clothing. On the last day, as we were packing up to leave, a piece of dried dog feces rolled out from under the bed. It was disgusting!!!

We never ate the breakfast at this facility, we were a little leery, to say the least. We've stayed at a lot of hotels & motels and this was the worst experience we've ever encountered.

We would NEVER, EVER stay at this facility again.

Room Tip: Go some where else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AutumnJoyz
EconoLodge342, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cades Cove Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to light as we take our customer's comments and concerns very seriously and use them to improve every guest's stay. In regards to the bug situation, we do have regular pest control come to exterminate our entire property. However, being located in the Smokey Mountains it is difficult to prevent all bugs from coming on to our property. If you do visit us again in the future, please make sure to come to breakfast as we offer a full hot breakfast with biscuit and gravy, cinnamon rolls, fresh pancakes, and sausage. Once again thank you for letting us know about your stay at Best Western Cades Cove Inn.
Munroe Falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We just spent a week at the Best Western in Townsend, TN, which is the quiet side of the Smokies. This hotel has been remodeled when it became a Best Western recently. The owner has really gone to a lot of expense to make your stay comfortable with rockers on the porches overlooking the mountains. It's a quiet place to stay and very, very clean. The breakfast was adequate and the staff very friendly. We enjoyed our stay and will be returning to spend time in Cades Cove again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the upstairs room closer to the front of the hotel because the view was the best.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are glad that you had a great time with us here. We strive to have everything looking good at all times. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Two of us stayed three nights and we loved this hotel. The decor looked brand new and upscale. The rooms and breakfast room was spotlessly clean. The swimming pool and exterior also looked like it was being taken care of with tender loving care! I was so impressed with the fantastic way this hotel is maintained. The breakfast was amazing. Everything I could possible want including fresh made pancakes - make right in front of your eyes! Biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, cereal, milk, fruit, coffee...Just everything. We get a wonderful view from the breakfast room too. The bathrooms off the breakfast room were also meticulous. We loved our rocking chairs outside our room. And everyone was so very friendly. Awesome place. We will be back again for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank George54171
I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Tremont Lodge and Resort
Courtyard Gatlinburg
Courtyard Gatlinburg
#2 of 78 in Gatlinburg
Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains

Been to BEST WESTERN Cades Cove Inn? Share your experiences!