All reviewscades covebiscuits and gravyroom was cleanhot breakfastno elevatorfree breakfastrocking chairsfirst floornice stayyogurtpigeon forgegreat place to staystay there againwater pressureone night stayenjoyed our stayfoothills parkway
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I enjoyed my stay in Townsend at this Inn. I arrived without reservations and was lucky enough to get a ground floor room as I requested. This was a spur of the moment trip to the mountains for the weekend. I was interested in going to Cades Cove and just relaxing on this trip so I did not want to stay in the busier locations of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Staff was friendly and helpful during my stay. Only negative was the breakfast, it was not good. They advertise HOT breakfast, the only thing I found hot on my stay was a biscuit and it was out of a can, it still had the indentions from the can on it, that is how I knew it was a canned biscuit along with the taste. Not a lot of restaurants to choose from in town but I can for nature not fine dining. There is a subway conveniently across the street, a pizza hut a short distance away, along with several local restaurants. Pigeon Forge is only 20-30 mins away if you need more variety for entertainment or dining one night. Rooms have been updated lately, mine had flat screen tv, mini fridge, and microwave.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TNTechie
EconoLodge342, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Cades Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

I want to apologize for the breakfast, our bisquits are out of a can, we are now serving a full hot breakfast, (sausage, eggs, bisquits, gravy, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, cereal, toast, coffee, milk, juice and fresh fruit). I am glad that the rest of your stay was good.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in July and were satisfied with the quality and location. The breakfast and coffee were good. Our 2nd floor room had a mountain view and two queen beds. There was plenty of room to 'spread out'. We enjoyed the rocking chairs on the walkway. We returned there again in August with our 2 granddaughters and were equally pleased. My husband left his favorite shirt in the room. When we discovered it and called the hotel, Jackie was kind enough to track it down and mail it back to us. Great staff!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ncpat

I am glad that you were treated with such kindness. Having a staff that is outgoing is sometimes hard to come by. We work hard as a team to make sure each of our guests leave with a smile on their faces! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Had a nice stay at the newly remodeled BW in Townsend. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast and coffee was good. The staff was friendly and helpful. Will stay there again when visiting the GSMNP.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeachBelle8288

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us here in the Smokies! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I am a native of Blount County and have been bringing my grandsons to this motel for several years. This was our visit since the motel changed hands. The updates have really improved the experience. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. A slide was added to the pool area on our last day and the boys are anxious to return to get full use of the slide! This motel is very conveniently located, near the park, but also close enough to stores, etc. I am as anxious as my grandsons to return!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 287traveler

I am thrilled your grandsons and yourself enjoyed the stay with us. We certainly look forward to seeing those boys enjoy the 9 foot water slide. You may even want to give it a try!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I read that this hotel has just been overhauled with a renovation in April 2012, I decided to book this hotel to be close to the tubing place we were going to the following day. The hotel lobby was clean and the staff was very friendly. We were traveling with another family so we wanted rooms side by side, so we got the King suite and 2 queen room. What was wonderful about the room selection is that the rooms were connected by a door, so we had tons of room! The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The price was excellent! We had free Wi-Fi which was great we had no problems with whatsoever. If it wasn't so hot we could have enjoyed the rocking chairs just outside the rooms. The kids enjoyed playing in the outdoor swimming pool. The FREE breakfast was nice, they area was kept clean with all the people coming in and out, enough variety for everyone. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank alnsf4

I am glad that your stay with us is one you will remember for sometime. We try to make sure all of our guests are satisfied and all kids should enjoy the summer days with a little pool time!!!!!