“Underground Fun”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Underground Fun”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

To offset some of the strip activities of Pigeon Forge, our family decided to check out the caverns. A great choice - the kids really enjoyed the caverns and got an opportunity to see something new to them. Without coupon or inquiry, we were given a discount upon arrival - much appreciated with our large family. The guides all appeared knowledgeable, but based in part on eavesdropping on other groups, the older guides seemed to have the most information and seemed less scripted. The group sizes varied based upon who walked in - at twenty-seven participants ours verged on being a bit too big to properly hear everything but that was a very minor inconvenience.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Brad P

Pensacola, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Love it!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a great place to take the family. My recommendation would be a carrier for younger children, as it could potentially be dangerous for them. The tour guides are great, and knowledgeable. Very interactive! You must try the fudge too!

Visited August 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“WOW this was cool, but no wheelchair access or elevator”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

First things , if you have a hard time with stairs this may not be the place for you. This cavern tour is about 1.5 to 2 hours long and there are some very steep stairs that going down is not a problem but coming back up I thought I was going to have to stop and wait several times which is not really possible. There are only a few places that have benches so if you are someone who has a hard time walking or with stairs I would skip this. That being said even though I thought I was going to die as I left, it was the coolest place I think I have been in a long time. The place is stunning. Our guide was a nice young man who was very knowledgeable and had lots of insight. He answered questions and took photos for us. The air quality was fine and it was well lit. You can only imagine how hard it is to change a bulb in there! Definitely wear sneakers the floor is damp and can be slippery. NO Bats here either. We happened to be staying in a cabin near by that is how we found this place. We were the first tour of the day and there was about 20 of us. When we came out the next tour had many more. My kids are teens and they really liked it.

2 Thank mamashuz
Bradenton, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The caves were very beautiful and interesting and we had a very knowledgeable guide. It really is a must see if you are in the area.

Birmingham, AL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“vintage tourism!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Loved it! A really nice way to spend a hot or rainy day. The tour takes about 1 1/2 hours. Our tour guide gave a history of the location and the caverns and was very involved, personable, and knowledgeable. I've been to several caverns throughout the southeast, but this was by far my favorite. Well worth the money. There is a reason its been in business since 1953!