“Great cave with wonderful history.”

Tuckaleechee Caverns
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Townsend
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a wonderful cave to tour. Just grab your hiking shoes and be ready for LOTS of stairs! This is a great cave with a lot of history behind it! We found this hidden gem after a day of bike riding and I am glad we stopped by and toured. Our guide was wonderful and outgoing, and the gift shop was great. Each employee we talked to was very knowlegable and friendley! We make this an every trip adventure when we are in the area!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went while we were on our vacation and it was by far the most interesting thing we saw through out our whole trip! The history behind it was also amazing. Its a very nice family owned attraction that 2 young boys ages 6 and 8 found in the 1920s. Our tour guide (Spencer) was awesome. He told our some very interesting facts, answered all of our questions and never rushed us. He even took pictures of us when we wanted him to. I would highly recommend this attraction!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Take the family you will never forget it. The staff and guide was wonderful. It is worth every penny. Its nice to see such a place priced so reasonable. I was there 35 years ago and it was nice to share it with my 2 teen age sons.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We are cavern lovers and this is one of the nicest we have seen. Gorgeous formations, very big rooms and the most impressive landscape we have ever admired with a stream of water running inside a cave and a little waterfall. The sound of the water and the waterfall went with us during a good part of the long and interesting walk which was a very different experience for us (our first cave with water!). Our friendly tour guide told us the history of the cave and was ready to answer questions. We enjoyed the visit very much! Must not be missed if near Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg, TN.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

It has been many years since I have been down in the cave. There is so much to see within the cave and to learn that is worth your time.