“Beautiful!!”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful!!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Highly recommend this beautiful experience... Staff very knowledgeable and helpful..The Caverns are truly a beautiful site to visit...

Visited July 2012

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Very cool”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The formations were stunning and the cathedral was awe inspiring. Quite happy that I went on the tour with them. Bring an empty bottle and you can take some of the purest water you'll ever drink with you on your way back up. It's a great way to take a break from the hustle and bustle of Sevierville/Pigeon Forge even if it does take a little while to get there.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jaclyn08
Tennessee, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“If You're Open, Just Let Me Know... If You're Not, Then Say Don't Go!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am not rating the attraction. From past experience, I know it is awesome and something to see. However, the owner's and employee's attitudes are a big part of how I view an attraction... I am, therefore, rating the owners' inability to simply warn people that they are CLOSED! If I had driven up here from farther away, I'd be foaming at the mouth, but it was still a 44 mile round trip for nothing, and a big disappointment to the children.

I called to check operating hours, but got that message when someone hasn't bothered to set up their answering machine (No one is available to take your call). It was before 10 AM, so I thought "No one is there yet today".
SO, I check the website link on Tripadvisor... the website says open 7 days a week, from 10 to 6.
YAY!

I gathered family members together, and we drove all the way up to Townsend in this age of $3.00+ gasoline, only to find they are closed. No explanation. No note on the doors, nothing. Not even a 'closed' sign visible from your car.

I walked from our car to the doors to peer in to make sure, and there were dust covers on the store merchandise. No note saying we decided to close for the season, or we have the flu, etcetera.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Lisa S
Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I've been to these caverns twice - the last time was Aug 2012. It's a great experience regardless of if you're interested in geology or not. It's amazing to see how the earth can create such strange formations. Our guide was very friendly and answered any and all questions. You could tell he was summer help and knew what he knew because of the information the owners told him and it would have been nice if he had further scientific background, but I can get past that because he was overall knowledgeable on what almost everyone asked. Wasn't too expensive and I think well worth the price. But just a forewarning, be prepared to walk and climb steps and prepare to do so in a slick environment!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Wanderer3247
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A Must See”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband & I have lived in the area for almost 2 yrs & decided it was time to visit Tuckaleechee Caverns. I didn't realize it was going to be a workout! A lot of walking, up & down stairs, but soooo worth it (I just wore the wrong shoes). These caverns are a must see

Visited October 2012