“Cooler than I Thought”

Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Townsend
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I had never been in a cave before. I had no idea what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The walking was pretty easy and there seemed to be no end of cool rock formations. The underground river was neat and the guide we had (Bill) was awesome. If you are planning on going, be sure to bring some empty water bottles with you to fill up (at no additional charge other than the $15 dollar (plus tax) entrance fee).

2  Thank Bru_12
There are newer reviews for Tuckaleechee Caverns

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Fantastic experience for both myself, my wife & 2 young children! It was amazing that something that magnificent & majestic lies beneath the earth hidden by a mountain in Tennessee. Would def recommend seeing for any & all ages! It isnt really handicap accessable due to a long staircase & series of ladders that lead down almost a mile below the ground! The underground rivers & stalagmites were awe inspiring! The constant year round temp of approx 60 degrees made it very comfortable on a hot 90 degree July summer day! I cant wait to see that again this year now that my kids are a year older and will enjoy it even more!

2  Thank WeLoveTN
Reviewed March 10, 2012

There is no good reason why this business can't post their seasonal hours/ opening online or by phone answering machine avoiding disappointed customers that travel there to find them closed. They open march 15th.. to late for us.. and found out only after a 40min drive and noting the billboard.

2  Thank ncmd305
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My family and I have been to several caves and this is one of our favorites!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

My fav of all the caverns in East Tennessee, and they are many and mind-blowing! This one is still owned by one of the two men who discovered it as little boys! The arena sized chamber is awesome.