“A Family Owned Tradition for 43 Years!”

Cades Cove Riding Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Cades Cove Riding Stables located in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Cades Cove. The National Park's only authorized riding stables in Cades Cove Whether you're young or old, expert or novice, a Horseback, Carriage, or Hayride trip in the breathtaking Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is an adventure you'll never forget. If you have a hearty frontier spirit and are ready to hit the trail, come take pleasure in some wholesome outdoor fun at our stable area. You will be greeted by our Guides, who are committed to providing you with a safe and memorable excursion within the scenic Cades Cove. Cades Cove Riding Stables offers adventure options for the entire family who wish to enjoy the magnificent Cades Cove. We specialize in providing Guided Horseback, Carriage, and Hay rides for National Park visitors who desire an alternative method of enjoying the scenic splendor of the park. Off the beaten path, you'll see what's under the forest canopy, and maybe even some woodland critters! You'll even learn a bit about our Cove as our guides share stories of the remnants of a historic settlement period.
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Nice folks who were underbid for the Cades Cove location they had for many years.
That has not deterred them, & they have a new location in Townsend. Although we
did not ride individually, we decided to take the carriage ride with Regina. What a pleasant surprise to visit with her grandmother Verna who has restored a 100 yr old
mountain simple rustic home, and decorated the interior with genuine articles from
the past. What a valiant effort to bring early pioneer country daily life to the 21st century
observers, and her clear understanding of the purpose of everything used in the home.

A very unexpected pleasant surprise with a ride to take us back in time.
Would reccomend this to anyone.

Don & Shirley Hand of Clearwater, Florida

3  Thank ClassicMusicians

Reviewed November 13, 2009

From the moment you arrive, you feel comfortable, and welcome. We were greeted with warm smiles, and extremely sweet, and respectful employees. My children had never ridden a horses before, and were somewhat uncomfortable. Our guide went beyond his job, and kept an eye on them, and answered all their questions. I recommend this stables above all others, and we will return again, and will request Doug again, if he still works there next year.
Thanks to you all
Kathy Carmala

3  Thank imagine77
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I turned 49 this past July, and suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, which leaves me with no business on a horse to begin with..but something I'd always wanted to do, and probably wont have another chance before I am completely unable to do so....

We tried the Davy Crocket Stables first...no way of mounting your horse except to get someone to help me...my 17 yr old daughter was placed on a horse that had only been broken for about 1 yr, it rared up with her, would not go up the first hill...after about 10 minutes of sheer terror, with it running all over the field, the guide finally changed horses with her....then we proceed up trails, that were horriffic...I felt so sorry for those poor horses....the trails were steep, and very rocky and narrow. towards the end of our 1 hour ride, my daughers horse slipped and nearly fell on some rocks going downhill, and cut his leg....my daugher recovered herself and was very gentle, and she actually leaned over the horses head to keep it from falling....when we got back to the stables, and told our guide, who was so far ahead of us she was unaware...she blamed it on the rider...these horses were so "shot up" so they could make those trails it was sad....NEVER AGAIN..

THREE DAYS LATER, WE WENT TO CADES COVE STABLES...which incidintally, is not in Cades Cove anymore....a different group is there now....They were aware of our experience earlier, We were able to "Box Load" the horses, making it much easier for myself and my husband who has back probs...The horses were healthy, and strong, and well taken care of....they had a wonderful trail, wide enough to take a tractor thru...beautiful scenery; waterfall, overlooks., hills and valleys, an old homestead.....Absolutely worth our time and money...Out hats Off to these people...

If the horses at the other place knew about Cades Cove Stables, I swear they would all run away and take refuge here...I know I would..
Thank you for making my family's vacation one to cherrish and remember for years to come....

Melody...NC

2  Thank mommelody
Reviewed August 27, 2009

went with my husband and grand daughters, ages 6 and 9. 6 yr old had never sat on a horse before, but the guide was very good and she was at ease right away. my husband's saddle slipped about 2/3 of the way through the trip and our guide was quick to respond, kept his cool, and avoided any injury. the trail is varied and pleasant and the horses were well groomed and appeared well cared for. looking forward to going back.

Reviewed June 11, 2008

The tour guide was very good with my 6 year old daughter and the horseback riding was great. Loved going though the creek and up and down big hills. The horses were great!

1  Thank nikrit84