“Nice trail ride for kids”

Cades Cove Riding Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Cades Cove Riding Stables located in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Cades Cove. The National Park's only authorized riding stables in Cades Cove Whether you're young or old, expert or novice, a Horseback, Carriage, or Hayride trip in the breathtaking Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is an adventure you'll never forget. If you have a hearty frontier spirit and are ready to hit the trail, come take pleasure in some wholesome outdoor fun at our stable area. You will be greeted by our Guides, who are committed to providing you with a safe and memorable excursion within the scenic Cades Cove. Cades Cove Riding Stables offers adventure options for the entire family who wish to enjoy the magnificent Cades Cove. We specialize in providing Guided Horseback, Carriage, and Hay rides for National Park visitors who desire an alternative method of enjoying the scenic splendor of the park. Off the beaten path, you'll see what's under the forest canopy, and maybe even some woodland critters! You'll even learn a bit about our Cove as our guides share stories of the remnants of a historic settlement period.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went on an hour trail ride. It was the first time the kids, who are 6 & 9, had been on a horse by themselves. They loved it. Our guide was very talkative & very hands on with the kids. He kept giving them pointers as we were riding thru the woods. We were in a small group (7) which made it nice. It seems the earlier you go, the less wait time there is.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I'm so glad we decided to go trail riding here. I haven't been on a horse in four years and I was reminded of wonderful riding is again. Our guide, Josh, was extremely personable and helpful. The trail was interesting with different terrains and beautiful scenery. We crossed in front of a breath-taking waterfall. My horse, Olive, was well behaved. The ride was inexpensive and well worth it. Altogether, riding here was the highlight of my Tennessee trip!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a lot of "first timers" and our guide really eased our minds. The horses were great and the trail wasn't just flat. We climbed several shady hills with sightings of turkey, waterfalls and a cemetery. Our tour guide was very social and kept us entertained. He even took a picture of our group on the horses from his cell phone and texted to us. Great time and I recommend this establishment when in the Smokies.

1  Thank Retskcud
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Rode a horse and went thru a stream, saw a bear. Future daughter in law had never rode a horse before, but loved it!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband,my 25yr old son,his girlfriend (whom never has been to the Smoky Mtns.),and I took a ride on the horses at Cades Cove Stables. This is the second time my husband & I have visited here and both times have not been disappointed...as we saw 4 bears last time and one bear this time. Love it !