“The only place to ride”

Cades Cove Riding Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Cades Cove Riding Stables located in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Cades Cove. The National Park's only authorized riding stables in Cades Cove Whether you're young or old, expert or novice, a Horseback, Carriage, or Hayride trip in the breathtaking Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is an adventure you'll never forget. If you have a hearty frontier spirit and are ready to hit the trail, come take pleasure in some wholesome outdoor fun at our stable area. You will be greeted by our Guides, who are committed to providing you with a safe and memorable excursion within the scenic Cades Cove. Cades Cove Riding Stables offers adventure options for the entire family who wish to enjoy the magnificent Cades Cove. We specialize in providing Guided Horseback, Carriage, and Hay rides for National Park visitors who desire an alternative method of enjoying the scenic splendor of the park. Off the beaten path, you'll see what's under the forest canopy, and maybe even some woodland critters! You'll even learn a bit about our Cove as our guides share stories of the remnants of a historic settlement period.
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have been riding here for years. The guides are great. The horses are well behaved and healthy. This is the only place we will ride while in the Smokies!

All reviews
"great guide"
in 7 reviews
"the smoky mountains"
in 10 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
in 6 reviews
in 16 reviews
"leon"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I had a great time on my horse riding tour. While I eas riding I saw several wild Turkey's and a deer. All the staff was freindly.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The stables and surrounding areas are gorgeous, clean. The horses are all so beautiful. The staff was all so polite and happy! The trail ride was amazing, the guide was so pleasant, the woods was so peaceful. I will go back every time I visit the Smokies. This was a great way to start the day.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I and our 8 yr old son had a great time. The staff was great and made sure everyone was ready and comfortable on their horse. Enjoyed the trail and the horses were wonderful. Would definetly recommend.

1  Thank merry03
See more reviews
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We have a 2 1/2 year old, so riding a horse was not an option. We did do a carriage ride. It was wonderful. Our guide was Edward. He let my son sit up front with him and "drive" the carriage. My son was thrilled. The ride was only about 30 minutes through the forrest and across a creek. It was the perfect amount of time for a young child's attention span. After the ride Edward let my son pet our horse. He also pulled out one of the horse's from the stable and let my son sit in the saddle for a picture. This is a super family friendly place. It was the highlight of our trip to the Cove.

One note - you can tip the staff, so bring cash. We only had a debit card and could not put a tip on it. These guys are great and you will want to tip them after the fantastic experience. We will know better next time.