“We would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!!!”

Headrick's River Breeze Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Townsend
Headrick's River Breeze Motel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
athol
“We would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We are from Massachusetts and wanted to visit TN. This Motel was super clean...the balcony was a great place to sit and relax. We had a room on the upper section which was very very quiet. It felt like a little apartment not a motel room at all. Thre are two pools so it wasnt crowded at all...was actually very peaceful and relaxing and they were very clean well taken care of. We like a relaxing vacation...pigeon forge is a great day trip but staying here was the best!!!!! We plan on coming back again for another week next year!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cindypj

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We found Headricks by accident a couple of years ago and are very glad we did. Dan and Brenda are wonderful people. The rooms are always clean, and Kay the housekeeper is great! This hotel is a wonderful place to stay if you want clean rooms, quiet and a great view from the balcony. The pools are always clean and if you need anything they are always willing to help. We never stay any where else when we go to Townsend!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gagirl74
Metro Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 13, 2008

We had a wonderful time at Headrick's River Breeze Motel. Our room was large and comfortable and Kay (the housekeeper) always kept the room clean and inviting. Mr. Headrick was very helpful with information and directions. He was also very accommodating. We always felt safe and secure.

We used the pool every night that we were there and found it very relaxing. We even grilled burgers by the pool while we swam. The view out on the porch was very nice especially at sunrise.

Townsend is truly on the quiet side of the Smokies. It is very close to all the attractions but without all the traffic and has several good restaurants. Headrick's River Breeze Motel will definitely be our Smoky Mountain retreat for future vacations!!!

Headrick's was recommended to us by a close friend and we found his recommendation to be right on the money. We liked the fact that it was reasonably priced and privately owned.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Bed
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank Lucernlad
Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2008

I spent two nights at Headrick's and overall thought it was a great room and a nice experience for the price. I stayed in the property up the hill, which appears newer -- apparently, they expanded or remodeled at some point. My room was large, with two double-beds. Everything was clean and in order except for the coffee provided with the coffee maker. I drink only decaffeinated coffee and the packets provided didn't include decaf. I returned to the office and got some.

I was surprised and happy to see a full-size refrigerator. That was nice. The room also contained a wooden, kitchen-type table. Since I was into room meals versus restaurant meals, this setup was perfect for me. The bathroom sink and vanity are outside of the bathroom so if you need privacy for some face-time with the mirror, you're out of luck. It wasn't a problem for me. The bathroom was on the smallish side. The spacious balcony rocked. Brick walls on either side provide a degree of privacy. The rocking chairs were a plus, too. I did my morning yoga on the balcony facing east -- fabulous!

Each of the two buildings has their own pool. The upper building pool is larger and I imagine, has a better view. I used the pool three times during my stay and enjoyed it immensely.

I also enjoyed walking my bicycle down the hill and being right at the bike path. That was a nice ride, despite being parallel to the main road.

Traveling solo, I was pleased with my motel choice in Townsend and would stay at this place again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — The location and the price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank MeTalkPretty
Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2007

I was a little leery about being "watched" per a previous review. But all we found when we arrived were a few "security" cameras. All that did was make me feel safe staying there. We had an enjoyable stay. It was nice not to have to deal with the "hired" help. The owner was always there if you needed something. I found him to be pleasant and most helpful.

We paid a little extra to stay on the hill. It was well worth it. The view was so pretty and the full size refrigerators with ice makers was so convenient. The maid was friendly and the place was clean.

• Liked — The Balcony
  • Disliked — The bathroom was small.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank 654321trewqy
Michigan
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Clean, quiet, 1950s motel. We got hung up in some of the worst traffic ever -- two crashes that slowed I-75 to a crawl, three military convoys, then rush hour in Cinnci, a rain storm in Kentucky hills -- so I phoned the owner and told him we'd check in very late. He said no problem, he'd tape the key to the office door with my name on it. Where else is that a safe thing to do? But he did, it was, and our room was ready as planned at 11:30 p.m. A full moon over the Smokies is magic. Bring your own pillows, his are pretty flat. No shower caps, but lots of wrapped soap and the toilet was wrapped like the Chicago Sheraton. Towels are rough, but there are plenty of them. Room was spacious. Bathroom was clean and had lots of space for towels, toiletries, changing clothes. Full size refrigerator in room and microwave. Air conditioning and heat worked perfectly and quietly. Checkout is 10 a.m. BTW. He let me register the next morning. Registration was as detailed as a German guest house.

• Liked — It's 1.5 miles from the entrance to Great Smoky Mtns. National Park and 3 miles from a cave.
  • Disliked — No objections.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank Azo_Lady
GA
Reviewed May 22, 2007

This was the only hotel in Townsend that was not overpriced. The rooms were nice and clean, which included a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, alarm clock, etc. It was very quite and the owner was very nice. Outside lighting at night was very good for security purposes, and the pool was added extra.

This is a one-level hotel, no worrys of climbing stairs, and each room has their own parking space. We stayed for several days and will definetly be going back!

Unlike the Econo Lodge and Valley View, the price we were given is what we paid when we got there. The other two places were so overpriced.

• Liked — Very quite & clean & affordable
  • Disliked — No problems
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank sweetashoney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Townsend Gateway Inn
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
#2 of 6 in Robbinsville
Baymont Inn & Suites Gatlinburg On The River
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River

Been to Headrick's River Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!