“Surprisingly good Mexican food in Townsend!”

Monte Real Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Maryville, Tennessee
“Surprisingly good Mexican food in Townsend!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I was really skeptical about this place when I first saw it but I thought it was at least worth a try. I'm glad we did stop by! The food is very good, of course it's the standard stuff you find at any Mexican restaurant but it's still delicious. They even have my favorite dish, pollo fundido, that I hadn't been able to find anywhere since I moved to this area. The staff has always been friendly while we were there and the food always comes quickly.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Joy S

Lake City, Florida
“Great service, okay food”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was excited to see this restaurant had opened since the last time we visited Townsend. The staff was very friendly. The food was standard Mexican restaurant fare. I wished they had more fresh options. I had the El Pastor, which was incredibly greasy and the meat was very fatty. I couldn't even eat most of it. The flavor was just okay. The salsa was good, but the rest of the meal was not great. I wish I could say it was better.

Visited May 2014
South Carolina
“Good”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised. Service and food was good. I always ask for black beans instead of refried beans and some TexMex Restaurants do not have black beans. They do and that was a plus. We have tried several restaurants in Townsend and other than Subway have not found much. Glad to have this business in Townsend.

• Visited May 2014
colorado
“lots of good choices”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had a combination plate and fajitas. They were both very good, the portions were large and the service was very good.

Visited April 2014
Townsend, Tennessee
“Great food and worth a stop”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was our first visit to the new restaurant and will not be our last. They have a nice easy-going atmosphere and great food. We had a hard time deciding what we wanted to eat due to the extensive menu. It all looked good. The wait staff was great and the food was great. Very generous proportions. We will definitely be back to try other items from the menu.

• Visited April 2014