“Worth Coming Back For Food And Accommodations!”
Review of Dancing Bear Lodge

Dancing Bear Lodge
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Blackberry Farm two years ago for a friend's 65th birthday. It was waaaay overpriced. Heard great things about a sister property called Dancing Bear Lodge and decided to give it a try as we were to be in the area. Staff was delightful and friendly. One bedroom cabin was plenty of room and perfect for our overnight stay. One thing they should offer is softer pillows. The only ones provided were 10 inch thick foam. Maybe I should have called and requested softer ones or just brought my own from home. Dinner at the restaurant was far better than Blackberry Farm and with cocktails and wine for two was $125. I would return just for the food. Husband has pork chop which had been recommended. Tender, juicy with perfect accompanying veggies and potatoes. I had chicken with polenta and veggies...delish! Wait staff was personable and knowledgable. Do NOT miss the best gin and tonic you will ever have! Made with Hendricks gin, Jack Rudy tonic and cucumbers. Yummy! Now make reservations and GO!

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank SkysMomLR

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in the lodge in the Paw Paw room. Charming place that certainly has that lodge feel to it. Drinks are available in the evening and that is hard to come by in Townsend, TN. Great location next to the Smoky Mtns with out the crazy hectic atmoshere of Gatlinburg. I would highly recommend a nights stay at the Dancing Bear Lodge.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick K
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Dancing Bear Lodge. It's the perfect getaway! About 1 hour from Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Knoxville, we enjoyed the peacefulness of feeling like we were in the middle of nowhere. Even just driving up I could already feel myself relaxing! We ate both nights at the lodge, also, and the food was amazing! Great service and all-around a wonderful place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We spent four nights in a cabin over Memorial Day weekend and it was a wonderful stay! Our Cabin felt quite and secluded, we spent our evenings on the porch swing taking in the solitude and sipping a glass of wine or enjoying the hot tube. The feather bed was heaven after some long hikes through the Smokies and our room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. We didn't use the maid service until the last day but every night we had fresh towels on our porch waiting for us and the staff kept in touch asking if we needed anything. Our cabin was clean and nicely decorated.
The breakfast was delicious and I couldn't get enough of the Blackberry Jam - unfortunately it was out of stock and we couldn't purchase a take home jar. The first morning I took a piece of quiche, however, two bites in, I stated to my husband that I had tasted better eggs in the army. I didn't try it again, but that may have been a bad piece as it was the last one on the warmer and we were not early risers.
We had diner on Wednesday night and it was amazing I had a steak and mashed potatoes along with pound cake with a strawberry lemon preserve. The potatoes were easily some of the best I have ever had and the steak was perfection. My husband had trout with shrimp and sausage that was very tasty. He also enjoyed his dessert. The wine and beer list were great and our waiter was attentive but not over the top - just right!
I would definitely stay at the Dancing Bear again - it was a first rate experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin in the rear of the property, quieter and more secluded! We stayed in Little Greenbri...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kresler
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Was passing thru, couldn't find a room anywhere. Had the local visitors center call around for us. Only place was Dancing Bear Lodge which had one cabin available. Went over, staff very friendly. Lodge was very nice. They let us preview the cabin before deciding. Cabin was expensive but nothing was available short of driving into Pigeon Forge so we decided to stay. While in the lobby we made reservations for dinner which turned out to be very nice but again expensive. My wife and I are not extravigant so this was a treat for us. Alot of expensive cars in the driveway, I guess their patrons pay these prices without hesitation. Anyway, the cabin was cozy. Nice real wood burning fireplace which we used. Feather bed was very comfortable. Jacuzzi tub, nice porch. Honestly it was way better than a motel room. Surprisingly breakfast was provided in the lodge but items were limited. If you got the bucks to spend and like the outdoor/woodsy atmosphere then you'll like this place. For us this was a one time opportunity that just happened by chance, but we were glad to have experienced it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat P
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very comfortable bed, clean room with nice bath. Keurig coffee machines in the room, nice rockers on the front porch of our little cabin.
The only thing that could be improved upon was the breakfast. The quiche was cold, and the bacon could have been cooked more. Also, a little more variety would have been nice.
The staff was friendly, and helpful.
Great setting, close to the national park.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Spruce cabin which was quiet and comfy. I would choose it again.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Nice place but we got no maid service until almost 6 at night, had hardly any hit water, enough to fill the tub about 5 inches deep and the tub stopper would not work. The good was a yummy breakfast and the character of the place.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Townsend Gateway Inn
#1 of 92 in Pigeon Forge
The Inn at Christmas Place
The Inn at Christmas Place
#3 of 92 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Dancing Bear Lodge? Share your experiences!