My husband and I stayed at Dancing Bear lodge in a 2 bedroom cabin which we shared with his parents.
1. Beds are superbly comfortable and well appointed
2. Large back porch
3. Great location
4. Good dinner choices
5. Quiet and private
1. Service was a 5 out of 10. The staff were freinedly, but did not offer much insight into the property or the amenities. We were not given any information about any type of events, or special happenings during our stay. It would have been nice to know there was a fire pit outside with smores, etc.
2. Cabin: while not uncomfortable, they have not made them overly welcoming. The living room furniture is inadequate for 4 people. there is one small sofa and one small chair. The back porch furniture is fine, I would rather see 4 rocking chairs, rather than the porch swing. The main complaint about the cabin is the bathroom situation. There is only one, and it is very small and cramped to share with 4 adults. It was rather akward having to share with my husband's parents and having them in the next room while I am trying to use the restroom.
3. Breakfast: It needs to start earlier, or they need to provide their proprietary blend of coffee to the those in the cabins for home brew. The coffee that was supplied in our cabin was generic at best.
4. Dining: Dinner was very good and decently priced. It was a tad annoying that when we checked in, the front desk staff did not even mention dinner reservations, and then we were stuck waiting until 8 pm to eat. They should make sure the guests that are staying at their lodge are taken care of first with the dining reservations.
5. It would be nice if they had someone come by the cabins to assist with the fireplaces. or at least make it known if they are willing to come help.
Not trying to harp on the bad, because those small things mentioned were very minor, and would not preclude us from returning to the lodge again. We will most certainly be back at some point, and hopefully they continue to improve the amentities, as the overall property and location is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centered in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Dancing Bear Lodge is known as East Tennessee's ultimate vacation basecamp offering charming Southern hospitality. It's picturesque location and luxurious amenities offer guests an opportunity to relax and rejuvenate after trekking mountain trails and exploring surrounding areas. With 36 acres featuring intimate rustic cabins and countless sports and activities, Dancing Bear Lodge creates a comforting retreat tailor-made for the adventurer in all of us. We welcome our guests to experience the best the Smokies have to offer by reserving one of our charming cabins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Dancing Bear Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dancing Bear Hotel Townsend