“Fantastic home style food”
Review of Smokin Joes

Smokin Joes
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
“Fantastic home style food”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Delicious fried pickles, pulled pork burrito, beef brisket, macaroni salad, corn nuggets and slaw. Authentic bbq with polite staff. Waiting for a table took a little while even though there weren't many people there, but the food made up for it for sure!!!

Townsend, Tennessee
“Good REAL Bar-B-Q”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I've been here a dozen times since they opened at the former Smoky Junction. Only one time did I have lousy service & the watress that day (very recently) seemed very put out by having to wait on us. (had a real problem getting mustard & ketchup & tea re-fills, which, by the way, they have wonderful tea in Large mason jars so there's actually enough to drink before your meal comes. I believe the only thing I haven't tried was the chicken dinner as it would be too large for me. I wish they had an ala' carte of chicken pieces & choose your sides. We have a real shortage of BBQ chicken around here. I've had the pulled pork & chicken sandwiches, hush puppies (are YUM) and about every side they have. (sides of the day are on the board on the way in~only one sad thing; one cook left & there's no the mashed potato casserole any more.)All in all a good value & very good food. Be nice, servers! PS; how about a facelift on this very dated place. Atmosphere is half the fun of dining out!

• Visited July 2014
Powell, TN
“Delicious ribs”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had a large party of friends who dined here in July 2014. We were all seated together promptly. Our server was attentive throughout the time that we were there and met all of our expectations. This is a typical BBQ restaurant but the only one on this side of the quite side of the Smokies just a few miles from the western entrance to the Park. I had a half rack of ribs with a side of potato salad and baked beans. The rib meat was fall off the bone GOOD! It was so good that it will make your tongue slap your brains around! My wife had the standard BBQ pork plate and it was just as tasty. Service exceeded expectations. Restaurant is very very clean. Oh yes, we will be back!!

Visited August 2014
Sedalia, Missouri
“Good food, nothing spectacular”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We went here for lunch while vacationing in Townsend. We had small brisket sandwich, Hush puppies, fries & baked beans. Should have ordered sauce on the side. WAY TOO MUCH sauce on sandwich. ..Fries were good & hush puppies were really good. Baked beans were not that great. Service was good. Probably will not go back.

Northern Indiana
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We remembered the name from years ago and decided to give this a try. I ordered the ribs and my wife ordered the brisket. I guess I should have asked more questions because I was disapointed to find they were spare ribs and not the preferred baby backs. Regardless, the ribs were what no ribs should be, tough. Although I had a discussion with the server about their cole slaw, he brought me potato salad instead. My wife's brisket was entirely too smokey. You could only taste smoke, not beef at all. For $34, we paid too much for an unsatisfactory dinner.

• Visited August 2014

Been to Smokin Joes? Share your experiences!