“Best BBQ! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Smokin Joes

Smokin Joes
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best BBQ! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The beef brisket was the best we have eaten. My daughter got the creamed corn and it was wonderful. It was really busy and waitress took a while to come back and check on us but didn't take long to get the food. The tea is sweet so get it half cut unless you like it real sweet.

1 Thank Laurie P

Walland, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had the new breakfast buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband is a fan of this BBQ restaurant. However, he only likes the BBQ because as previously stated by other reviewers, the sides are terrible.. usually burnt. Anyway, we decided to try the breakfast buffet which was 6.99 per adult. The bacon came out of warmer in clumps and was hard. We do believe they used real eggs which were fine. Country potatoes were ok although heavy on salt. We brought our 2 year old twins which nibbled a little from our plates. We also ordered 2 apple juices for them and were delivered half full. When we got our check we were astounded to see 2 additional charges of 4.99 for each twin along with 2 charges of 1.89 for 2 half-full apple juices. When we got to the cashier my husband asked if it was typical that they charge for 2 year olds whom didn't go up and get plates for a full buffet and the cashier declared that yes, it was standard. They said the apple juices were included in the buffet and removed the charges for apple juices. The total still came to 30.52. Ridiculous for a bad buffet that was barely palatable. I would recommend Hot Rods 50's Diner in Alcoa for lunch or dinner for the same price with much better food and a better value for your money.. DEFINITELY WONT BE BACK FOR BREAKFAST BUFFET.. as for the BBQ.. there are better places around.

• Visited July 2014
“Slow service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Has taken over 30 minutes and still do not have order. Bar b que is usually served quickly. Will not come back

Davie, Florida
“I highly recommend this place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Good service and good food. Stopped in for a late lunch, early dinner, with a recommendation from a local. It was a good choice. Had fried green tomatoes appetizer and a half chicken dinner with slaw and hand cut fries. Chicken was juicy and tender.

East Tennessee
“Fool me twice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

There's an old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Today my wife and I experienced the second consecutive bad meal at Smokin' Joe's in Townsend, so it's unlikely that we'll be back to eat in the restaurant. The BBQ is very good, but the sides are terrible. We had a fried green tomato appetizer, and the tomato slices were lying in a pool of grease--I'd guess a quarter cup's worth. Fries were room temperature and over-the-top salty. On our previous visit we complained to the owner about the temperature and saltiness of the food. She acknowledged the problem exists with a particular cook, but this second time around showed no improvement. In the future we may just buy the BBQ and take it home to serve with our own sides, which are vastly superior.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Shaconage

Been to Smokin Joes? Share your experiences!