“Excellent food. Excellent value.”
Review of Smokin Joes

Smokin Joes
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Portsmouth, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food. Excellent value.”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Walked in the door five minutes before closing and they were very happy to seat us. Wife and I enjoyed the pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw and potato salad. All was very good! Very reasonable prices. All staff very friendly and courteous.

Visited June 2014

Dry Ridge, Kentucky
“Great food even when out of PORK !!!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Ate here with friends and had one hell of a good meal. Right after arriving , the waiter told us they were out of pulled pork, and slaw and several other things but we decided to stay and eat what they did have and were very pleased. The pork ribs were the biggest I've ever seen and fell off the bone. The smoked chicken dinner was excellent too. Sides of beans (some of the best I've had ) tatoes. Friends said the brisket was great too. All of the home made sauces were great but I especially liked the mustard based for a change. In the times when there seems to be a barb-b-que restaurant at every corner, this was a nice surprise. Prices were very reasonable and portions were huge. The 1/2 rack of ribs feeds 2 !!!

Seymour, Tennessee
“Great Bar-B_Que”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was my first visit to Smokin' Joes and I was not disappointed. I started off with the Fried Pickles with Horseradish appetizer. The fried pickles, which were cooked as wedges rather than chips, and the sweet tea were the best I ever had. I was told by Sam, my very good waiter, Teresa made the sweet tea. Teresa...well done. I then got the Half of Rack ribs plate. They were the biggest ribs I have ever got and the meat just fell right off the bone. Try the ribs with either the Mustard Sauce or the Smoke Sauce. The Smoke sauce is the hottest of the sauces but it's not so hot where you can't enjoy it. If you are ever in Townsend, TN you must try Smokin' Joes, you won't regret it.

Crittenden, Kentucky
“Awesome Food”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The Big Joe is so so good.. I love everything about this place.. The Food, Service and Cleanliness are all top of the line.. We ate here 2 times during our week stay. We will always eat here when we are vacationing. Loved it!!

Annapolis
“the nose knows”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

With the smoker out front, you can't drive by without smelling all of the slow-cooked meats. No advertising needed here--the nose knows. While staying nearby, we came for lunch and were not disappointed. Among the best BBQ we've had. Our party of 4 had ribs, BBQ beef, BBQ pork, and BBQ chicken--all excellent. Side dishes were great as well, including fried okra. This is what southern BBQ is all about!

• Visited May 2014

Been to Smokin Joes? Share your experiences!