“Simple but Excellent Barbeque!”
Review of Smokin Joes

Smokin Joes
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a great find! Outstanding, tasty barbeque and sides. Great value and plenty of food! We will definitely return--and we're glad to find another great restaurant in Townsend where we can take visiting family and friends.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our 1st visit to Smokin' Joe's, but we will definitely go again. The most tender ribs I've ever had. Good onion rings too.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Drove through this small town in our convertible, thankfully with the top down. The smell drew us in. We stopped in for dinner. My husband had ribs that fell off the bone. I had the chopped pork, melt in your mouth good! All the side dishes were homemade and delicious. Excellent potatoes salad (husband said 'better than mom's), baked beans (delicious), coleslaw and turnips greens. The BBQ sauce was best ever. All food was excellent. So good, we decided to drive all the way back to Townsend on our last day of vacation to have lunch. Besides the food, the staff and owners were so friendly. We had a great time visiting with them and we hope to return someday. Thanks for the hospitality!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

On the advice of locals in Townsend, TN we decided to eat at Smokin Joe's. The server was very friendly and we were seated in a nicely appointed dining area. The restaurant is very clean. Both my wife and I had the 3-rib BBQ dinner. I had sides of coleslaw and baked beans with mine, while my wife had the coleslaw and potato soup with hers. It was some of the best BBQ we have ever eaten anywhere. The service was prompt and friendly - without being intrusive - and the prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food. I would not hesitate to eat here again.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The big covered grill outside smoked all afternoon. I kept wondering if it was only "for show". However, during dinner, we watched through the window as large amounts of meat were rotated and the fire built up. (We were told the chickens and ribs were cooked in the "cook shed" in the back.) We had a great meal....... pork and a spicy mac n cheese for my husband, chicken for me, okra fried to perfection, baked beans, and hot rolls. My husband loves BBQ and wasn't disappointed!