“Not at all worth the money.”
Review of Back Porch Restaurant - CLOSED

Back Porch Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not at all worth the money.”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Service was good, but seafood was very overpriced. My husband's fried oysters were still raw in middle. Sent them back, and they were brought back the same way. I ordered all u can eat crab legs. They had no seasoning at all. And after my first two clusters of crab legs, they would only bring out one cluster at a time. Each time took about 20 minutes. Overall just a bad experience. Will not be back.

1 Thank groomergirl83

Townsend, Tennessee
“Incredible”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Everything was excellent.. As soon as me and my husband walked in we were greeted and our server was incredible.. Our food was the best seafood we have ever had these new owners sure know what they are doing

Birchwood, Tennessee
“New Name but poor quality”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had excellent service and that is where the excellent ended. I asked our waitress if the mashed potato's were instant and she assured us they were not. I hate being told the wrong thing in a restaurant, they were instant and not good. They gravy they use to top them with is the cheap kind of white pepper gravy you can buy in a super market. The salad was slightly wilted. My wife and I both ordered the country fried steak. It was the best thing we had. I looked at the menu and I considered it a bit pricey. I don't see this new opening lasting long. It is wanting to be a seafood restaurant. But from I observed, I don't see it lasting long. So, to sum up my review. I won't be stopping at this restaurant again...

1 Thank raul r
Townsend, Tennessee
“New name okay seafood”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

New management/ownership? and large seafood heavy menu. Oh and a lot of it is Cajun. The crab cakes were good but the fried shrimp were tough. The sides were good and salad a little weak. The server was enthusiastic and the service was very good. Drink refills came often. The blackberry cobbler was as good as expected. Price seemed a little high for medium quality food.

1 Thank Natalie S
Versailles, Kentucky, United States
“Sad to see this place is closed =(”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My parents told me about this place and we went in June. Best meatloaf EVER! The service was great too! Today on a bike ride thru Townsend we stopped only to find a "Sorry we're closed" on the whiteboard. I hope this place will eventually open again. The good and the atmosphere was great.

• Visited October 2013