“Amazing!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Quick Bites in Townsend
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We're Open! If you're craving good food and good people, there's no better restaurant to stop in Townsend than the Apple Valley Cafe Express. Start your day with the fresh, locally-roasted coffee. Or try the "Breakfast of Champions" with Scrambled Eggs and a Fried Apple Pie! At lunch, experience Townsend's Best Burgers and "Build your own Masterpiece" at our new toppings bar! We have over 30 toppings to choose from, including all the fixins plus Bacon Jam Spread, Feta Cheese Spread, and our very own sauces, sold in Apple Valley General Store. Or, chow down on our in-house smoked pulled BBQ! Then, cool off in the afternoon on our Beer Garden patio with a Calfkiller draft beer, a vintage Coke, or one of our exclusive premium ice cream cones and sundaes. Whatever your pleasure, don't forget to take home some of our World Famous Fried Apple Pies. We sell 50,000 of these little gems every year.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Breakfast here was the best we had our entire time in Gatlinburg and pigeon forge. Wanted somewhere that was away from all the tourist attractions and a more hometown feel and this play was a suprise gem. Food portions were huge and great quality. Delicious and a nice relaxing outdoor dining area as well. Wish we had found this place sooner than our last day of vacation.

Date of visit: September 2019
jerrico01, Public Relations Manager at Apple Valley Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We appreciate your review and are glad you decided to stop by for some breakfast. We hope you will come back to visit us in the near future.

Write a reviewReviews (679)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife passed away, so I do a lot of carry out now. Today it was for pulled pork BBQ and potato salad. I was not disappointed. The pork sandwich must have had 3/4 lb. of pulled pork on it. I did not see my favorite BBQ sauce, Sweet Baby Ray's, but I have it at home. It is my personal favorite. The potato salad was unique in that it is basically the inside of a loaded baked potato. It was tasty as well. The sandwich came with slaw and the take home ramekins were a bit small for the slaw that came with it. The potato salad was sufficient. For the price, you can't beat the pork sandwich. I will be back to try their other offerings and might dine in alone for once.

Date of visit: September 2019
jerrico01, Public Relations Manager at Apple Valley Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate your review and are glad you decided to try our pulled pork BBQ. We hope you will stop by to dine in with us sometime soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I ordered at same time as my sister. She ordered a burger I ordered a grilled cheese. Her's took about 45 mins to come out. After an hr I checked on mine. I went to the counter and there were several other customers asking for refunds as they had also been waiting over an hr. The manager didn't even apologize he simply just gave money back.

1  Thank jcmmar
Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

Food was great and lots of outdoor covered tables that are dog friendly! Burgers are awesome and we loved the “fixins” bar! We will go back!!

Date of visit: September 2019
jerrico01, Public Relations Manager at Apple Valley Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Tracie, we appreciate the review and are glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2019

We ordered at 12:19 p.m. food showed up at 1:21 p.m. during the weight we were told multiple times that there were only two orders in front of ours and each time we saw three to four orders come out before we asked again.

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Apple Valley Cafe? Share your experiences!