“Good breakfast, good baked goods.”
Review of Apple Valley Cafe

Apple Valley Cafe
Ranked #9 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Our Cafe serves up an assortment of delicious breakfast and lunch items, including soups N salads, sandwiches, eggs made to order and extra fixins. We are a family business serving up the best fried apple pies in the Smokies. Our fudge is homemade on-site using only the finest ingredients. Shop the Country Store for jams, jellies and gourmet coffees. Smoky Mountain T-shirts, Minnatonka moccasins, Garden flags & much more. Shop Dancing Bear Mercantile for fine jewelry, Handbags, Beautiful Quilts, Home & Lodge Decor. OH! And Bear Decor. We have some local made items and strive to carry Made in America as much as possible. If you are Visiting The Great Smoky Mountains, we are a must stop shop.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good breakfast, good baked goods.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Reviews seem to vary wildly so your mileage may vary. I'm a recent transplant to Townsend, not a vacationer, so I've eaten here a few times now.

I haven't had lunch/dinner there yet. Honestly there are some stellar places in townsend for those meals so I've not been tempted. They do a decent sized breakfast though, and it's tasty enough. Id call it average, but better than any of the immediate competition. The sweets are above average in my opinion. You may find cake or pie you like better in Townsend (you don't lack options!) but I've been happy with the price/quality of what I get here.

• Visited May 2013

Lawrenceburg, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I give it a "meh"”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very, very average. The surrounding stores are cute. A bit above the basic get your t-shirt, jam and fudge here like 98% of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. There are some very nice candles and quilts if that is what you are looking for. Restaurant was fairly clean, prices were average. Food was average, certainly wouldn't travel there for the food . One thing that I absolutely did not like is that you have to leave the restaurant to use the restrooms. For families with younger children, I found this to be a real pain in the behind.

• Visited June 2013
chattanooga, tn
“I liked it!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have read other reviews and I disagree. I thought the breakfast was good and I loved the atmosphere. It is a very small place but there are shops on either side with lots of great finds. I love country home decor and they had tons of it! Lots of tshirts and great things for kids. We had pancakes, eggs, biscuits and gravy and a drink for breakfast. All of these were good and our bill was only $15.00. I am not sure where the pricey part comes in for the others. We also grabbed a creme horn from the bakery before we left that was excellent! The desserts all looked and smelled yummy!

• Visited May 2013
Townsend, Tennessee
“Pricey and unappealing.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Not the best eatery but not the worse. They are a bit pricey and the atmosphere is bland. There are no restrooms as they are shared within the complex in a different building. The country store next door is nice and worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
Big Rapids, Michigan
“Terrible breakfast”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

All the tables had a sticky film to them. Chairs next to our table has food on them from previous day. OVER priced! My wife had the french toast which wasnt bad. The eggs, ham , ONE biscuit and 1/4 cup of gravy was terrible. Our styrofoam cups and plates would stick to table and almost rip in half...ate a couple bites and left...NEVER going back!

• Visited April 2013