“Hidden treasure”
Review of Danny Kay's - CLOSED

Danny Kay's
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Danny Kay's Riverside Restaurant is located on the Little River with River views from the dinning room or from our outdoor patio. Live music on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights. Our menu consists of great burgers, luscious chicken and fish sandwiches, Cajun Gumbo, Shrimp and Crawfish Etouffee, Po'Boys, Shrimp boil and much more! All made from scratch, we don't even have a can opener in the building!We keep it mild so everyone can enjoy the great flavors but we can spice it up for those that want to work up a sweat!
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were fortunate enough to find this hidden treasure located just a stones throw away from Cade's Cove through restaurant.com, and even though it's a little bit hard to see from Hwy 73 in Townsend (it's tucked away behind the Black Bear Cafe on 73), finding this restaurant was well worth the effort. It sits right on the river so you can sit and watch the inner-tubers and geese casually float by while you dine on some of the most delicious cajun and creole food you've ever tasted.

We had the baked potato skins for an appetizer, and right away we KNEW that we had hit the jackpot of restaurants that are off the beaten path, but the kind of place you will always make a point of visiting whenever you're in the area. I had a crawfish po-boy that was stuffed with some of the most deliciously seasoned crawfish I had ever eaten, and my wife had the fish sandwich which she couldn't believe tasted as good as it did. The fish was fresh and breaded perfectly and fried to the point where it was crispy without the greasiness like you find with most fish sandwiches. Just like my po-boy the flavor was spot on and wasn't overpowering.

The service was as good as the food, and not only was our waitress extremely attentive and friendly, but after our meal was done one of the owners even came by our table and thanked us for coming. We will no doubt be making this restaurant a location we frequent whenever we come to Tennessee, and of all the places we'll be bringing our family to eat at when we bring them with us next time, this will be the place we bring them to so they can taste what REAL cajun and creole food is suppose to taste like.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place was great. My husband and I both had the gumbo and it was wonderful. It's hard to find good cajun food in east Tn and I will go back again to try other items when I'm in the area. Don't let the outside fool you..it's very nice inside

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Big selection of food on menu. Handicap accessible. You can eat outside under the covered porch. Restaurant is by the creek so get a window seat. Atmosphere is relaxing.
Plenty of cajun food on menu.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This little place on the main drag in Townsend has very good Shrimp and Grits, good Cajun food!
Nice patio area by the water.........check it out! Hubby had the gumbo and it was great too.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Found Danny Kay's through Tradebank. Went and tired it. Food was so good my family and I have been bck at least 3 times in the last month. Danny is wondeful and so is his staff (we love you Alehia). The music is good. All the food has been great. Had to wait a little but the food was so worth it.