“Great times at Danny Kays in Townsend”
Review of Danny Kay's - CLOSED

Danny Kay's
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Danny Kay's Riverside Restaurant is located on the Little River with River views from the dinning room or from our outdoor patio. Live music on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights. Our menu consists of great burgers, luscious chicken and fish sandwiches, Cajun Gumbo, Shrimp and Crawfish Etouffee, Po'Boys, Shrimp boil and much more! All made from scratch, we don't even have a can opener in the building!We keep it mild so everyone can enjoy the great flavors but we can spice it up for those that want to work up a sweat!
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I went to Danny Kays and had a great time! The atmosphere was so relaxing and the service was excellent...tried an appetizer and a couple of burgers..of which both were awesome! We went there for an afternoon lunch and sat outside on the water. I can't wait to go back for dinner! Thanks for a great place in one of our favorite places in the mountains!!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

As transplants from the New Orleans area, we went there today for the first time with family and friends. We thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered. The gumbo was awesome, as was the crawfish etouffee, shrimp poboys, beignets and bananas foster for dessert and coffee and chicory! Will definitely have to return to try other items on the menu!! Great to have a place here in TN that actually knows how to cook cajun dishes the right way.

1  Thank Susan L
DannyandKay, Owner at Danny Kay's, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thanks for the wonderful review! I am so glad you enjoyed our food! I really like bringing a little Cajun to TN! Especially for those who miss the good food in Louisiana! Come see us again soon and don't forget our live music nights!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The restaurant offers a wide variety of meals. I have tried several of them while in town for business over the last couple of months. I can't quite say which is my favorite just yet, because they have all tasted so good. Danny, his wife Kay and their entire staff are wonderful folks and I am blessed to now know them.

While enjoying lunch on a cool and damp spring day, Danny warmed the place up quickly with a cozy fire. Just after the appetizers arrived, I was fortunate enough to see a beautiful & graceful Eagle flying just outside the dinning room window above the river. I can only assume the Eagle was out looking for a nice meal too.

Stop in and check them out. You will be glad you did.

Thanks for your great review, I'm glad you had the opportunity to see one of our resident Bald Eagles!
Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Danny, Kay and all the crew are absolutely wonderful. The menu has so many different choices, without overwhelming you. Cajun food, New Orleans style Po'Boys, veggie burgers, and traditional offering that will tease your taste buds. It's hard to decide what I will have next. The view of Little River is equally good from inside or from the patio and is so relaxing. Winter time there is a fireplace that glows warm and inviting. On selected evenings Danny picks up his guitar, and accompanied by Kay or other friends, sings a wonderful selection of songs. A perfect way to enjoy your evening!

Dear Renee,
You two are dear to us! Thank you for the wonderful review. Compliments like that from a fellow Cajun are priceless! We hope to see you soon.
Thanks again,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Although the exterior is not inviting, don't let that keep you away. The food is great. The prices are reasonable, and the windows along the Little River provide a nice setting.

The food is very reasonably priced, with most items under $10. Steaks are a good bit higher, but people don't come to Danny Kay's for the steaks. They come for the cajun seafood.

We have been three times. Each time I had the shrimp and grits, which are priced at just under $10. My wife has gotten shrimp and fries (also just under $10) and a shrimp poboy (priced somewhat less). The shrimp and grits are excellent. My wife was very pleased with her selections as well.

There are several tables by the windows along the Little River. Of the three times that we have been, we were able to sit by the windows twice. (I would suggest during summer tourist season that one might want to come early and beat the crowd in order to get a window seat.)

It's not the Taj Mahal, but it's an excellent choice for a meal. Good food. Good prices. Nice setting.

DannyandKay, Owner at Danny Kay's, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are working on some exterior improvements and hope we can get them done soon.
We're so glad you liked the restaurant and enjoyed the food; come back and see us soon - We love good company!