“Great service; even better food!”
Review of Campfire Grill - CLOSED

Campfire Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Campfire Grill is a fun and engaging fast casual restaurant. We take great pride in preparing all of our products fresh every day. Campfire Grill offers the best in healthy Fresh-Southwest-American favorites. Our Tacos, Burgers, Burritos, and Gourmet Hot Dogs are prepared with only the finest ingredients. Fast, Fresh, and Delicious! Right before your eyes! Easy to find we are located right at the only traffic light in townsend, Tennessee!
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Great service; even better food!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had just finished a tubing run with River Rat just outside of Pigeon Forge Tennessee. We were starving. We asked the guys at River Rat about the little place attached to the gas station and they said their food was the best. So off we went; the menu is hot dogs, hamburgers and tacos/burritos; one of the freshest cheeseburgers I have ever had; fresh meat! juicy, just delicious. Hot dogs with 10 different kinds of toppings, ie; The Tennessee dog is covered in cole slaw; it was delicious; food fresh; great friendly service. Not much seating space inside but there are tables outside too. My only complaint is they are too far away for us to go to for lunch! If you are ever in the area, definitely worth the stop.

Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Dogs and Burritos were great and affordable.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The folks at River Rats recommended the Campfire Grill and it was great. My wife and I enjoyed the buritos which came with chips and salsa, while our teenage boys had bacon hot dogs and fries - everything tasted great. The owner and staff were very friendly. Everything on the menu was less than $5. One of our favorite dining out experiences in the Smokies this year.

• Visited September 2013
Summerville, South Carolina
“Best Food in Townsend”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent Hamburgers and Hot Dogs. Everything on menu is under $5. They could charge 50% more and it would still be a bargain for such good food.

Visited September 2013
Jason T, Owner at Campfire Grill, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Smokynationalpark,

Thank you very much for all of the positive feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our Burgers, Dogs, & Burritos. We put a great deal of research into all of our hand crafted products, I only use fresh all natural ingredients.

Our goal, here at the Campfire Grill, is to create and serve delicious products with just the right combination of flavor and texture. I am so happy that you were pleased with our products, it motivates me so much and with so many wanderfull restaurants to choose from here in Townsend, I am truely honored that you chose to dine with us on that day.

I just can't thank you enough for taking the time to write such a positive review of our restaurant. I hope to see you soon...

Irmo, South Carolina
“Best burgers”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Took family here for lunch on Sunday in between tubing trips based on other trip advisor reviews. Everyone is right GREAT burgers. Don't miss this one and don't judge it from outside. Best kept secret of Townsend although I am jot sure it is a secret based on how many people were there on Sunday.

Jason T, Owner at Campfire Grill, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Leslieb91,

Thank you very much comming in Sunday, It was a pleasure serving you! I am so happy that you enjoyed the Campfire Cheese Burgers. We really do put our heart into creating the best burger posible for under 5 bucks. I just can't thank you enough for taking the time to write such kind words in your review of our restaurant. You made my day!

The Campfire Grill started out the hard way, with a hot dog cart and very little or no money, however, i do have a passion to serve really good food. As time went by and with the support from customers like yourself we were finally able to open our first restaurant here in Townsend.

Once again thank you very much. Hope to see you soon!

n'ville
“Hot Diggity Dog!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

How do you like your dog? Friend, you can get it any way in Townsend. Clean, courteous folk and some of the best dogs I have ever had. I got the Santa Fe...full of spicy goodness. Don't let the fact it is little and by a service station deter you. I could eat there every day. Doggonit, sure wish I lived in Townsend.

Jason T, Owner at Campfire Grill, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Impalawoman,

Holy Cow, thank you very much for writing such an eloquent review of our restaurant, I am especially happy that you enjoyed our “Santa Fe Dog” This is definitely one of my personal favorites.

The funny thing is when I first created the “Santa Fe Dog” I was trying to develop a “Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Dog” to compete with a quick serve pizza store that sold individual pan pizzas near my Hot Dog Cart at UT, The pizza place was really a challenge for me, I was new and was having a hard time getting the students to stop and try our delicious dogs, I would watch them walk by and go get an individual pizza, this broke my heart. So, I needed to create something cheesy, why not a pepperoni pizza dog, it was delicious, however, my passion for cooking is influenced by the big bold flavors of the South and Southwest. It wasn’t long before my homemade cheesy pepperoni dog evolved into the southwest taste bud teaser of today, the combination of my scratch made Queso and Smoked Bacon really worked well. After a couple of weeks and a little day dreaming, the “Santa Fe Dog” was born, as well as Campfire Grills very popular Queso, I call it “Coyote Queso” ….Hmmmm…Crazy Good!

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here at the Campfire Grill. I know with all of my heart that it is because of you and customers like yourself who have helped us stay in business and supported the Campfire Grill as we grow…one hot dog at a time….