“GREAT Place to Eat!!!!”
Review of Wild Mountain Rose - CLOSED

Wild Mountain Rose
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you come to Townsend you don't want to miss eating at this place. The food is wonderful with a great view of the mountains. The owners are the nicest people you will ever meet! The pizza and desserts are one of a kind. Great food, reasonable prices and friendly service....can't ask for more than that!

1  Thank ClileWesternKy

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had read about this place while planning our vacation and knew we needed some of this bread. We contacted them via email before our arrival and they sent us a list of bread that would be available that weekend, which must be ordered by Thursday. We had the cheddar jalapeno and the sourdough and I must say that this was some of the best bread I have ever eaten. The jalapeno is not real spicy and provides more flavor than heat. We even ordered more during our trip to pick up for home. You can really taste that it was baked in a wood fired oven. We also had the pizza which was good.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a weekend trip and planned ahead to pick up a pizza on the way to our cabin. It was a little out of the way but a beautiful drive so we didn't mind. I thought this was gonna knock my socks off after reading the reviews. Sadly, it did not. It is a nice wood oven they have there and the crust was phenomenal. I was not impressed with the toppings. We got a loaf of the jalapeno cheddar bread to snack on over the weekend and it was really good. I would get the bread again but not the pizza, the 3 cheese was a little tart and upset my stomach.

1  Thank Forrealz10
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This place has wood fired pizza that is the best I have ever had! Their artisan breads are another treat not to be missed. We have gotten homemade soup as well all made from locally sourced foods. This is worth finding when you are in Townsend!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The pizza is baked in a wood fired oven. The choice of toppings is fantastic--right now to artichoke hearts. Since they've added a place to eat outdoors, it's made going there all the more appealing. The mountain views are great! We enjoyed the veggie pizza and the traditional. Got there too late for the Ezekiel bread, should have ordered on Thursday. Their brownies are just the best ever.