“Everything we were looking for”
Summer view from the bank.  Awesome or what?
You know you want to stay here!  Best location in Townsend!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Summer view from the bank.  Awesome or what?
You know you want to stay here!  Best location in Townsend!
Make this your fav swimming hole.  Just a few yards from the cabin
Can you see it across the river and through the snow.  How would you like to get weather bound here?
Trundle in loft
Fully equipped for your convenience.  Lots of dishes, pots and pans
Washer/dryer
Partial wrap-around, spacious deck
Plenty of seating to enjoy nature
Soothing Little River close by
Private, custom walkway to River
Firepit!
Two queens.  This is the upstairs
Crossing the bridge to the cabin .. right side
Crossing the bridge to the cabin .. left side
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 20 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
bhawk01
“Everything we were looking for”
Reviewed May 5, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

We were looking for a good place to take our two young boys for a quiet spring break location and this place hit the spot. I love the secluded location and access to the river. We spent most of our time just fishing and exploring in the river. But when we needed to just relax at the cabin, it had everything we needed. The deck is truly amazing and provides a serene spot to just enjoy nature and the sound of the river. Inside, the rooms were very cozy and it had all the amenities we needed. Really the only knock was that the grill could use some maintenance or updating, but it did work and served it's purpose. We'll definitely be back!

Melissa M
“Wonderful cabin, perfect setting”
Reviewed April 25, 2017 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here just after Thanksgiving, I didn't realize until now that I had not written my review and after reading the other review from November 2016, I'm very sorry I didn't do it earlier.
Let me say this - don't be swayed by the negative review left by the other people that stayed in November. This cabin is great, and Billie is very responsive when you call. We cooked most of our meals there and the pots, pans and utensils were just fine. We only stayed in the downstairs bedroom but there was no issue with the cabin being either too hot or too cold. We were really glad it had the option of a queen size bed - all the other places that try to fit a giant king size bed into smaller bedrooms just end up making the whole room cramped and difficult to move around. The place was clean and comfortable and the location absolutely can't be beat - it's stunning. We try to visit Cades Cove at least once a year and this cabin will always be my first choice.

Your age range 35-49
Management Response
May 6, 2017
Melissa ... THANK YOU for your unsolicited, very positive review of the amazing 'Evergreen on the River' cabin! You've made my day! I absolutely love listening to and watching the river roll by. Such a wonderful, unique cabin in an awesome setting. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy and appreciate it as well! Thanks for the really neat way you left everything. Please come again soon!

Billie
Lynne B
“Just booked!”
Reviewed April 14, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Most experiences whether positive or negative start with a first impression from the moment you book. I just spoke to the most lovely lady that helped me decide which cabin would work best for my family vacation this upcoming summer. Nowadays with the hustle and bustle of life vacations are something you need to reconnect with your family. We have not yet walked in the front door of what will be our home for a week at the end of July but I can already tell we couldn't have picked a better place

derek k
“Perfect location!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Very nice place right on Little River and a perfect location... The Townsend Wye,Little River rd.and Cades Cove are right around the corner...We will be back

newjade
Pensacola, Florida
“Great Location, Nice Cabin That Needs Attention.”
Reviewed November 12, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

First let me say that this location is great, and that is why we chose this cabin. We have over the years stayed several times at the little cabin next door, but decided to give this "newer" cabin a try on this visit. The cabin is nice for younger travelers, but has some real issues for older travelers. First the lighting in the cabin is terrible, and with half the lights burned out, it is even worse. I did find two "spares" that i put in the kitchen and bedroom, but I needed several more. The cookware is a joke. We like to cook breakfast at the cabin, and there was not a decient pan to fry eggs in. Some of of the pots and pans were filthy, so we washed everything before we would use it. The cleaning staff doesn't throw out the "left over" food from previous guests, so there is all kinds of left over food that needs to be thrown out. The HVAC system has only a few outlets, so the downstairs bedroom and bath are hot (cool weather use) and the rest of the cabin is cool. We had taken a couple of movies with us to watch on election night, and the DVD player did not work. The mattresses in the bedroom are OK, but king size beds would be a great addition. Most people now have king size beds at home and expect that when they travel. We have stayed in cabins all over North Georgia and Tennessee, and this was probably one of our worst experiences. If you can overlook all the issues, the location can not be beat, and the cabin itself has a lot of potential, it just needs someone to correct all the issues.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location is great.
Liked least: The condition of the cabin and amenities.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Mar 26, 2017
Hello there. Glad you agree that the location of the awesome ‘Evergreen on the River’ cabin can’t be beat! It’s the best in the area, no doubt. To sit on the deck and watch the soothing Little River roll past is a delight that our many repeat guests experience over and over. I wish to address the inconveniences you seem to have experienced, and do so in a kind way. There was a big power surge in the area about three weeks before your arrival. It took out the heat/AC unit as well as the microwave. I apologize if a bulb or two may have burned out and the crew didn’t catch it. That is why you found more in the drawer, as we cannot be there every time one burns out. I left a personal note of welcome in the cabin, with my cell phone number right under my name at the top, welcoming you and letting you know it was perfectly ok to call me if you had any needs. I was not made aware of one issue before you told the world. When I read your review online my heart sank to my knees. After reading it, I felt so sorry for the next folks staying in the cabin at the time that I immediately took half dozen bulbs of various sizes, and a basket full of cookware to the front door. The lady opened the door and I (about in tears) explained that we had received our very first 3 star rating (in nineteen years) and the basket of ‘goodies’ were to compensate for our negligence. She laughed, looked at her husband and said, ‘why would anyone give this place a three-star rating?’ She went on to call it ‘top of the line’, and I quote. Needless to say, I went away feeling like a million bucks at that point! I returned as soon as these guests departed, determined to stock the kitchen. After stacking the existing pots and pans on the stove and countertop, I took a picture. It’s online now. I counted five skillets (one iron and one Revere), five sauce pans (4 of those the original RevereWare), four matching lids and one stock pot (Revere) with lid. I left shaking my head. The left-over food mentioned was Ketchup, hot sauce, bbq sauce, etc., in squirt bottles, meant to be a convenience should a guest need a bit and not want to make a trip to the store during dinner. The HVAC unit was brand new, installed two weeks prior as a result of the power surge afore mentioned. The vents in the bathroom, normally closed off, had been opened by someone, they are closed now so the smaller bathroom, right next to the unit, does not get as much impact. Instructions for operating the DVD player are in the welcome book in the dining room. The cabin has two comfortable queen beds, we are considering kings in the future, as well as two comfortable twins, as stated on our web pages. Any issue needing attention has been corrected by me personally, I assure you. Have a nice day!
Koalagirl...
Plant City, Florida
“Perfect get away!”
Reviewed December 9, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

First off let me say that Billie is amazing!
The drive up to the cabin was so pretty with the leaves everywhere and when you round the corner and the cabin comes into view it was breathtaking, so peaceful and you could hear the river. The rushing water was so calming. I wish I could move there.
It was perfect inside and out, has everything you need.
We took our small dog and she loved the day bed that was her bed, she loved going down to the river.
We had a fire one night outside at the fire pit and it is so hard to explain how wonderful it was just sitting there with the rushing river in the back ground and the smell of the fire.
We didn't want to come home.
Close to Great Smokey Mountain National Park / Cades Cove, fun day of exploring. Just walking along the river and seeing the little waterfalls down the sides of the mountain was fun. The Townsend welcome center/museum was a nice place to visit.
The restaurants in Townsend were great!

Liked best: The River View & Sounds
Liked least: Leaving
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Christmas...
Lutz, Florida
“Where's the water”
Reviewed November 17, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

Being from Florida we did not know that the water in the river might not be there when we arrived in the middle of summer. Kids went down to the bridge to play on the rope swing where there was water to swim in.

Also didn't see the "owners charges" before we booked.... That was an added cost I wasn't aware of. All in all, the cabin is very homey - kitchen is stocked to the eyeballs. Noise level from the kids upstairs was annoying.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: That I finally found a place on the river
Liked least: There was no water in the river
Traveling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing