“Firefly lights up Townsend for sure!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Firefly Cafe - CLOSED

Firefly Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Open with new hrs
Tennessee
“Firefly lights up Townsend for sure!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Firefly is a refreshingly different experience for the Quiet side of the Smokies. We met friends for lunch today and everyone was pleased with their choices. The Fried Green Tomato sandwich is outstanding. Their burgers are always good. Lovely atmosphere and I feel safe every time I am there. Because there has always been at least one local police officer or National Park ranger eating lunch. :0) You know when the police and fireman eat at a place ...it is the best!
Just knock out that lovely wall and expand as soon as you can...summer is coming and it is going to get REALLY crowded!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank FarleyJM

Jackson, Michigan
“Great down-home food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We really enjoyed this restaurant. The food was very good and the staff extremely accommodating. The baked goods are excellent as well.

Middle TN
“Good food, not particularly memorable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had and half roast beef sandwich (trying to be a mufaletta?) and excellent cup of lobster bisque for around $7. Aslo had a coupon for a free dessert which was a nice homemade cookie. It was a little cool for sitting in the outside area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great inexpensive food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a great inexpensive cafe. It is small but big on value. Really great food. May want yo call and make reservations. The cafe doesn't seat many people. Local told us the owner is thinking about expanding. GREAT FOOD.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“My tastebuds are still SCREAMING for MORE!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

After an afternoon photographic hike in the Smoky's, the clean crisp air, sounds of running water and delicate scent of nature had me hankerin' for a nice lunch.

As I drove through the charming town of Townsend, this brightly painted gem of a restaurant caught my eye. I pulled off the road, parked and ambled inside. It was not what I expect at all.

Along the left side is a full service counter, a bakery case LOADED with freshly baked cakes, breads and other sweets and on the right side is the dining area. It is pleasantly decorated with beautiful blue walls, hanging medallion lighting and an instant feeling that you're entering an Alice in Wonderland type of world where firelys dance overhead.

I was even more surprised at the extent of the menu selections. There was no way that I could make an informed choice since this was my first visit, but as soon as I saw the Fried Green Tomato BLT on Texas Toast, I knew that was for me, and I'm telling you, "my taste buds are still dancing after crunching into what I believe is the ABSOLUTE BEST BLT I have ever eaten." And you can quote me on that!

Each of the sandwich components, the grilled Texas toast, the crispy fried green tomatoes, the crunchy, thinly sliced bacon and the fresh tomato, pesto and oil relish worked so well together. My taste buds are still screaming for MORE!

The sandwich was served in a basket layered with black and white checkered napkins. The fries, the tastiest I've had, were so good, I ate them plain without any condiments. They were served in a mini-fryer basket and the outside crunch was delicate and crispy with warm mouth-watering potatoe inside.

My server was a spot-on, friendly fellow who chatted it up with me for a while and made me feel like I was part of the family, so much so that I will definitely return SOON!