“Great prime rib sandwich”
Review of Firefly Cafe - CLOSED

Firefly Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open with new hrs
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have had lunch at the Firefly Cafe twice recently. Both times we had the prime rib sandwich and sweet potato fries because it was so good the first time that we couldn't resist having it again. The bread is delicious, the meat is perfectly seasoned, and the sandwich is large enough to share. We don't usually drive the 24 miles from Maryville to Townsend for lunch, but their food is just too good to miss!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This lil quaint place is next door to my new job. The place is very clean, I love the Elvis music. The breakfast was wonderful, the coffee was hot, The wait staff was sweet, I could have stayed longer if I did not have to go to work a few minutes later. I expect to return when I have the time.

1  Thank tractman77
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Food was amazing!!! Fried pickles where some if the best ever!!!! Blt( with fried green tomato on it) was out of this world!!!! Prices were also amazing!!! A keeper for sure!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I went to Firefly Cafe for lunch recently while staying in Townsend for the weekend. The reviews here are so good, we figured it must be worth the time. I had a hamburger and fries, while DH tried the special chicken sandwich with wine-sauteed mushrooms, bacon, and swiss cheese and fries.

Frankly, all the food we had was just OK. That kind of makes it really exemplary compared to traditional Townsend fare (which was really, incredibly bad for years), but if this were all I could find at home on a sunny weekday, I would be disappointed.

The restaurant is tiny, and very popular, so we felt extremely crowded. I am an introvert, so my perception is colored by my constant wish to maintain at least three feet between me and the next person. I was sitting a foot and a half from the next person seated in a booth. I heard her conversation more clearly than I heard my own. If you are comfortable with crowds, this will not bother you.

Fortunately, we ordered the chunky carrot cake to take back to the cabin with us. It was *divine*. If all their baked goods are as good as that -- and they certainly looked delectable -- then the Firefly Cafe deserves a visit based on their desserts alone.

I would like to go back and try them at breakfast sometime. Maybe they're more inspired by eggs and bacon than by beef and chicken with mushrooms. But I can tell you for sure: I won't pass through Townsend again without stopping to buy some cake. Or pie. That chunky, nubby, nutty, cream-cheesy-sweet carrot cake was delicious! Makes me wish I had a piece right now!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We enjoyed mid afternoon dinner so much, we came back next AM for breakfast! From the cheerful and chatty waitresses, to the fantastic food, quick and attentive service, this is a wonderful little restaurant! Clean and quirky decor, inventive menu and nice-size portions, and good coffee!

1  Thank MaryT01