“Won't be back!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open with new hrs
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Beautiful town. Everyone was nice, but stopped in this little place for lunch and the food was terrible. I could not even finish my meal. Think the owner needs to re-think his choice of chef. Not sure if the waitress was having a bad day, which could be very well possible with the kind of slop that was being served, but she did not have to treat me and my family that way. Love Townsend but that place will be pertinently taking off my map.

2  Thank Brian C
Deborah L, Owner at Firefly Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for stopping at the Firefly Cafe. I apologize for any displeasure you experienced here. We strive to please every customer and provide a dining experience for all. This review came as quite a surprise to me and I will assure you I addressed all issues that were disturbing to you. I would love another opportunity to light up your life with quality of service, food and ambiance. You are important to us. Hope to see you once again.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We visit Townsend every year and have to add this restaurant to our favorites list! The french toast is excellent. Also the fried green tomato BLT was delicious. Staff is very friendly....service was great. It was a nice surprise to find this new gem in Townsend.

1  Thank Sandy Q

Thank you so much for appreciating your experience at the Firefly Cafe. Your delight with all that you had to eat and experience just affirms that we are lighting up peoples life with our food, service and ambiance here at the Firefly. Look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We dined at the firefly cafe after seeing it on a local news program. Food was tasty, ( my husbands burger was delicious) Paid extra for cheese on my sandwich which turned out to be a sprinkle of shreadded chese that wouldn't stay on the sandwich. Paid additional for the smallest cup of soup I have ever had a restaurant, but again ...it was delicious. Tasty food....BUT if you are looking for value for your money...this wasn't it
Also they were out of the famous firefly pie so instead substituted it with 6 small firefly pie tartletts. I can honestly say that I still have no idea what Firefly pie tastes like as all it basically was was crust and a tiny amount of filling that had been baked away to nothing. My husband tried to scrape some with his finger just to see if he could get a taste. When we said as much to the waitress her jaw dropped and said "Well constructive criticisim is good".
It is a charming palce , and one I can see folks going to for a ladies luncheon...However, not a place to bring a person with a hearty appetite or one that will take offense to a slightly sarcastic waitress.

1  Thank kconard1

Thank you for your feed back recently about your experience at the Firefly Cafe. I apologize for it not being as rewarding as we hoped. Being a new restaurant we have worked very hard on perfecting all areas that are most important to our customers, service, food quality and ambiance. I can assure you I do not cut corners on quality ever. We have finally put the right team together to assure an uplifting experience for all. I would be honored if you give the Firefly Cafe another objective try. We look forward to the possibility of serving you in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a small cafe with great food, great service and a solid menu.I had a burger, which was one of the best I've ever had. My wife had a veggie wrap that she really enjoyed. Our kids had fish and chicken baskets and a fried bologna sandwich. All three enjoyed their meals. Try the Firefly Pie and the pecan pie truffles for dessert. New location is very nice!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

What a pleasant surprise...a wonderful new restaurant tucked into a new shopping complex on Lamar Alexander Highway. The service was impeccable...and the presentation of the delicious sweet potato fries in a little wire deep fry basket was too cute. I highly recommend the Firefly Chicken Sandwich....which was wonderful. A definite addition to my to "do list" each and every time I head to the Smokies!! Save a little room for dessert!! Sit outside and enjoy the beautiful mountain views. They will also pack picnic lunches...what more could you ask for!!

Suzanne, Manchester, Tennessee

Thank you for your delightful review on the Firefly Cafe'. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Thank you for allowing us to light up your lives