“When in townsend i always stop by for goods. ”
Review of The Chocolate B'ar

The Chocolate B'ar
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Townsend
Cuisines: American
East Tennessee
“When in townsend i always stop by for goods. ”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Love the pastries here. The cakes are delicious. The coffee drinks are good too. Very nice space to just enjoy a snack :)

Yadkinville, North Carolina
“Just Ok”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The staff of the Chocolate are super friendly and helpful. They have a lot of chocolate and desserts to choose from however, I do feel that the prices are a little on the high side. They also serve coffee and have a nice seating area with wifi. So, if you need a cup of joe and a relaxing spot away from the river and campgrounds for a little while, this would be your spot.

• Visited July 2013
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great Coffee Stop”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Great place to meet and greet coffee friends. They specialize in unique chocolate creations that will tantalize your taste buds! Try one of their tasty breakfast sandwiches. It's also one of two free Wi-Fi hot spots in town. Make sure it's one of your stops while in Townsend!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Allen B
Philadelphia, Tennessee
“Totally agree -- excellent!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

After a day of driving in more traffic than we anticipated, we stopped at the Chocolate B'ar because we just wanted some dessert. You know. Something sweet to balance the saltiness of all those cars in Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. This *is* the quiet side of the Smokies, isn't it? So that's what we sought.

The Chocolate B'ar delivered. Danielle, the genius behind the counter, made us feel so welcome and comfortable. Dear Hubby inquired as to whether she would warm the cups for espresso. She said she didn't have to -- they're stored right there on the espresso machine so they're warm all the time. Comforted, Dear Hubby ordered a double shot of espresso posthaste.

I, not in need of so much caffeine, asked what Danielle would recommend. She recommended the vanilla chai latte, so that I ordered forthwith.

We reposed on large, comfortable leather sofas next to a large fireplace. It was a warm day, so there roared no fire in that place, yet we were quite comfortable and happy. Dear Hubby's espresso was warm. My vanilla chai latte was frothy and warm. It was a very good thing.

We perused the baked goods at length and contemplated the chocolates. The Chocolate B'ar WON KNOXVILLE'S CHOCOLATE FEST. Yes, I all-capped that. It bears yelling. THEY WON. The sea salt dark chocolate caramels are absolutely divine and utterly created by hand for no other outlet than The Chocolate B'ar. I bought individual candies for me, my son, and our flutter-by adult daughter.

My son said it might be the best chocolate he's ever had. And he's picky.

Before we finally left for the day, we bought a piece of cake. It had nuts and raisins and gooey things and cream cheese frosting. Dear Hubby and I ate it after dinner that night. It was seriously good. If there's cake when you visit, and it appears to have way too much stuff going on, that might be the one that we got. Go get it. Let me know if it's as rich, gooey, and decadent as I remember!

• Visited March 2014
Greenback
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We cane upon this place by mistake. So glad we did. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is awesome.

• Visited February 2014