Review Highlights
Beautiful View!

We started our day in Townsend. After breakfast, we found the Swinging Bridge. It sit's back... read more

Reviewed July 11, 2017
BamaGal83
Phil Campbell, Alabama, United States
Galloping Gertie's little sister

Reviewed November 17, 2018
Textilesqueen
Calhoun, GA

All reviews fun stop private property little river sway bounce creek fishing photos
Reviewed November 17, 2018

I walked accross the bridge by myself, and frankly, can't imagine doing it with one other person, let alone three. I expected it to sway a bit, but it moved like the Tacoma Narrows bridge did in the old film. (OK, not nearly as violent, but that's what it felt like) Very interesting and worth a visit.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank Textilesqueen
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We went back to see our lock that we put on in March 2018 and they had taken all but maybe 10 locks off. This was very upsetting because we were so excited when we did this for our friends anniversary in March that they bought their moms in may and out beside ours.
Why take them off and just throw things away that means a lot to people. So warning if you go there and out a lot that meAnt something to you they don’t care and will cut off your memories and throw away. I will never go back and I’ve told All my family and friends and Facebook. Now I guess in the garbage so heartbreaking

Date of experience: July 2018
4  Thank 574jerim
Reviewed June 25, 2018

This is a nice old wood cable swinging bridge that overlooks the Little River. The bridge is not too high off the water ( just right ) you can see all the people enjoying tubing down the river, wild life and just a great view !

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank nearpar
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Please do not leave locks on the bridge. They are to heavy and the bridge is not structurally sound. Experiencing the bride is fun but do not ruin it for others by weighing it down with locks.

Date of experience: June 2018
5  Thank MaryKJ_12
Reviewed May 14, 2018

This bridge has been part of my life since age 13 (now 55). Family has had a nearby cabin for that long. Fun to take my granddaughter out and bounce around and throw rocks off of.

Date of experience: May 2018