“Comfortable Setting.”

Trailhead Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Trailhead we focus more on the quality and perfection of our food and service than anything else. Our prices are the same or cheaper than all of our local competitors. Only difference is we try to offer more of a fine dining restaurant experience such as decorating our plates and the table cloths and candle light adds a very lovely touch. For the same price we pamper you with our generous hospitality. Come give us a shot, your Trailhead Steak & Trout House. Steven Haley (General Manager) has had excessive feedback from folks wondering why there was not a TRAILHEAD STEAKHOUSE in other areas, so keep an eye out for a TRAILHEAD STEAKHOUSE coming to a town near YOU!
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I found the restaurant by chance Im glad I stop, the food was excellent and Im a picky person.I would recommend this place to everyone! Amber was a very friendly and professional hostess. (THANK YOU AMBER....)

1  Thank Michael D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Four of is came for steak dinners. 2 had ribeye and 2 had filet. All cooked perfectly. Service by Breanna was great. Highly recommend to everyone.

1  Thank leroyeck2057
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were staying at Riverstone Motel and Terry, the owner, recommended this steakhouse that he also owns (10% discount, too). Make sure you bring a bottle of wine ($ 3.50 corkage fee) as they only have beer and it's impossible (IMO) to enjoy a good rare steak without a glass of red wine. There is a new wine store/tasting room called Cades Cove on the way out of Townsend, and their wine is quite good.

We were seated near another diner who was staying at our motel and he invited us to join him, which was a great experience. We all enjoyed our steaks, potatoes and vegetables, and my husband especially liked the fried green tomato appetizer. The servers were very friendly and attentive and it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

1  Thank IdahoShelby
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Our second visit since we found this place. We only visit this area twice a year, but we will be returning to dine here every time we come to town. My filet was cooked to perfection. So tender I cut it with a fork. My Wife's Ribeye was also cooked perfectly. Wait staff was very attentive to our needs. Thanks Lily for a pleasurable dining experience.

2  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was told the food was excellent at this restaurant however I was very skeptical. I was very surprised at the presentation and flavor of the trout dinner that I ordered. We were seated quickly and our server was Amber who was very knowledgeable of the dinners offered and the local places to visit. Amber was friendly and very enthusiastic about the menu and the restaurant. I will certainly be back, and I shared my experience with my coworkers and told them about the great place to eat. One person that I told visited the restaurant and thanked me for introducing her and her husband to trailhead. She said this will be a place they will come back to. Thanks for the great dining experience.

2  Thank Mammers2014