“Cuban in Townsend?”
Review of Lil' Cuban Cafe - CLOSED

Lil' Cuban Cafe
Cuisines: Cuban, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are located in the Trillium Cove Shopping Village right next door to Steve Norris's Art Studio. The cafe has three indoor dining areas,the Cafe Lobby, the Main Dining Room and the upstairs Party/Dining area. As an added bonus we also have the Cafe Patio outdoors where you can relax, enjoy your meal and take in the beautiful mountain views while listening to some of our favorite Cuban music.OPEN WEDNESDAY THRU SATURDAY 11AM TO 8PM SUNDAYS NOON TO 4PMCLOSED MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have oft heard the praises of Cuban sandwiches, but the few I have tried were nothing to write home about. These were the exception to what I had previously sampled...not to miss the fried yucca root.

Eddie P, Guest Relations Manager at Lil' Cuban Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us your review; we really do appreciate it. We are of course thrilled that you enjoyed our Cuban Sandwich.....if done authentically, it is a magnificent sandwich! My guess is that the previous ones you had were not really the real thing....It was great to have you dine with us and we look forward to your next visit! By the way, your screen name "impala woman" is got to be the most exotic and captivating name I have ever responded to!..... Loved it!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My extended family from 3 different cities all met in Townsend for vacation. On our last day, we chose this restaurant as our farewell meal. Boy, what a great experience! The owner personally walked us through the menu, treated us to a free appetizer, made us laugh and feel very special. And that's not even taking into account how delicious the food was!! Their dessert=heaven in your mouth. You HAVE to go to this restaurant if you are in Townsend. We've been going to Townsend every summer for about 16 years, and this is the BEST food and service in town.

What a beautiful family you have! I cant tell you how much I enjoyed serving you and sharing stories with you guys...Thank you, you made me feel special also! I trust that you guys made it home safe, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We just happened to stumble upon this restaurant and were so pleasantly surprised! We were greeted warmly by the owner and ordered our food. My family ordered sandwiches but I was beginning a gluten free diet and ordered some gluten free side dishes (black beans & rice). The owner graciously brought me some plantain chips that would fit well in my diet (without my asking for them!)

Everyone LOVED their sandwiches (especially that Cuban bread!) I was VERY pleasantly surprised with my rice & beans - the beans had so much flavor!

After our meal the other owner (husband) came outside and greeted us, and treated us like long lost family. He entertained us with stories of the restaurant's many colorful guests.

We will certainly return to the Lil' Cuban Cafe the next time we are in town!

Eddie P, Guest Relations Manager at Lil' Cuban Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Carrie, I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed meeting you guys and how proud we are that you held strong and held on to your newly started diet. As you now know, we do really appreciate every one that comes through our doors and we will go to any length in order to accommodate and make them feel at home. On a personal note, thank you for allowing me to tell you the stories....I really enjoyed sharing them with you guys! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We've had Cuban sandwiches all over, with the best being in Miami, the Keys, and Tampa. This sandwich is as good as, and better than some, of those we have had before. Great food. Awesome hospitality. You can't beat the setting! Make this your eating place when you visit Townsend!

It is music to our ears when we hear from our valued customers how much they enjoyed their visit with us. From all of us here at the cafe, a BIG THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts with all of us and specially for giving us a chance to earn your business. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We drove by twice earlier this week and kind of laughed...Cuban food in Tennessee, yeah right! We're from St. Petersburg, Florida and are spoiled with the Cuban food so readily available there. Renting in Sevierville, we were very tired of the mediocre food and tourist traps in Pigeon Forge, so we checked Trip Advisor for restaurants in Townsend. Much to our surprise, that Cuban place in TN was number one! So we tried it and quickly saw why. The food is great! You've got to try the Cuban sandwich! Hubby did and it was awesome! The Picadillo was very good, too. My only regret is that I didn't find out what the freshly made dessert was (pina colada flan) BEFORE I cleaned my plate. The portions are huge. Both hubby and I were stuffed when we left. Service is great, too. Very friendly. Just don't be surprised by the styrofoam boxes and plates. If you're reading these reviews you go in knowing this. The food and service more than make up for styrofoam and plastic ware. This place is well worth a try.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us your review; we certainly appreciate it! Well said!.....a restaurant should be judged on their meals, NOT on what they are served in! With the number of reviews that we have received, we agree with you that it should come as no surprise to anyone that styrofoam is how the meals are served. If the time comes that we could do it differently because other resources that are beyond our control right now would become available to us, we would gladly make the change. We are very happy that you enjoyed our cuisine and we look forward to your next visit! ....