“Great Good Greater People Greatest Pork:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lil' Cuban Cafe - CLOSED

Lil' Cuban Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are located in the Trillium Cove Shopping Village right next door to Steve Norris's Art Studio. The cafe has three indoor dining areas,the Cafe Lobby, the Main Dining Room and the upstairs Party/Dining area. As an added bonus we also have the Cafe Patio outdoors where you can relax, enjoy your meal and take in the beautiful mountain views while listening to some of our favorite Cuban music.OPEN WEDNESDAY THRU SATURDAY 11AM TO 8PM SUNDAYS NOON TO 4PMCLOSED MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS
“Great Good Greater People Greatest Pork:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Ate lunch here today after reading all the wonderful reviews and I must say we were not disappointed!! The absolute best Cuban (sandwich:)) I have ever had. The yuca fries were unbelievable and the pollo tiras was superb. The service was awesome and the owner even took time to chat with us. I am so happy that we stopped in!!! An awesome value! And just so you know I am the cheapest person around! You really should try Lil Cuban!!

• Visited July 2013
Eddie P, Guest Relations Manager at Lil' Cuban Cafe, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hey guys, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with all of us; it means the world to us! Yeap, we are very proud of all the dishes we serve, and we are particularly so of our delicious Cuban sandwich that you enjoyed so much. As you would imagine, a lot of care goes into the preparation of all our dishes but all of this would have no meaning if they were not enjoyed by you guys our valued guests! Please travel safe, and come home to us during your next visit, we look forward to it!

Standon, United Kingdom
“English family found fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We visited tonight after reading reviews here on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. The service was fabulous. We are travelling with 2 children (10 and 4) and none of us had ever eaten Cuban before. The owner spent time talking us through the menu and gave us suggestions of what to try. While we waited we played dominoes and our daughter danced to the music. The food was M-Awesome (a new word made Up by our 4 year Old meaning more than awesome!). Very relaxed and enjoyable evening. Would highly recommend to seasoned Cuban lovers and Cuban virgins alike!

• Visited July 2013
Eddie P, Guest Relations Manager at Lil' Cuban Cafe, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
I cannot begin to tell you how happy it makes us when we hear back from our valued customers telling us how much they enjoyed dining with us! You guys have a beautiful family and I want you to know that it was our privilege to serve you...by the way the children were adorable. Please thank your daughter for the wonderful word that will undoubtedly become part of our ever growing vocabulary! It is our sincere prayer that you guys make it home safely and would of course love to see you guys again! Until then.....Muchas Gracias!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Domino fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

A lovely place with excellent service. I was working a few months not far from Townsend, and we frequently drove through town on our way to work sites. My co-workers and I had seen the tantalizing sign for Cuban Food as we'd passed through town and finally decided to stop in - fantastic choice! It's a cute place if not a bit small. A gentleman was making the rounds checking on customers (the owner I presume). He was really friendly and accommodating. After a bit of chatting, he saw we were playing with the dominoes, so offered to show us how to play dominoes the Cuban way! It was really fun! I'm planning on purchasing my own set of dominoes so as to play at home. I really enjoyed the hospitality. The food was excellent. I don't know that I've ever had Cuban food before, but we enjoyed it!

The only reason I didn't give an excellent rating was the use of throw-away dishware and utensils. It was hurtful to think of all the trash generated. I'd definitely recommend, if possible, that they switch to reusable plates, cups, utensils, etc.

Overall, though, I'd definitely recommend the place!

• Visited June 2013
Eddie P, Guest Relations Manager at Lil' Cuban Cafe, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Those dominoes are indeed a lot of fun, and I would like you to know that I really enjoyed teaching you our way of playing them! I suspect that after you get the hang of it and own your own set, you will undoubtedly get back many ours of enjoyment from this very captivating game. In regards to the disposable dishes, we are happy to say that because of suggestions we have received, we are evaluating a few possible and potential solutions. We hope that we can find a happy medium on this very important matter. Look forward to your next visit!
Loudon, Tennessee
“Great Find in the Mountains!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I had dinner here last night 7/12/13. Upon walking In we were greeted and seated. The decor is a unique mix of mountains and Cuban. Floor to ceiling wood and decorated with Cuban and Spanish items. Very cool! After we were seated, we immediately noticed the owner going from table to table greeting everyone and explaining any questions about the menu. That's something you just don't see anymore, which is a shame. We ordered a few beers, which were ice cold, and an order of the croquetas. Having lived in the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami area for 40 years, I have eaten quite a lot of Cuban cuisine. The croquetas were excellent. Hot and crisp with a creamy ham interior. Next up we ordered the Cuban sandwich and the Sebastian. Both sandwiches arrived in short order and were nothing short of excellent. The Cuban sandwich was bursting with meat. The pork on the sandwich had the mojo sauce in it which made it very moist and flavorful. The Sebastian was equally as great. It was basically a cuban sandwich that had a breaded chicken cutlet on it. One of the best sandwiches I've had. You won't leave here hungry that's for sure! This will definitely become a must stop for us from now on. We come to the area 2x a month camping in our rv. One last thing, in case you haven't noticed. The owner responds to each and every review from TA. You just don't see that level of commitment much anymore. Thanks Sammy B! We'll see you again next weekend! !

• Visited July 2013
Sam, what a pleasure it was for us to have you and your lovely wife stop in and dine with us! You are very gracious in your review with the compliments you gave all of us...and yours truly. We are very happy to hear that you visit the area 2x a month since this will give us the very valuable opportunity to get to know you guys a little better! Thank you for taking the time to share all your thoughts with all of us! Look forward to seeing you guys again next month if not before!
Knoxville, Illinois
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose to visit Lil' Cuban after reading all these reviews before traveling 10 hours to Townsend. Everything positive that was written at this site is true. Clean, friendly, courteous, reasonably priced with great food. I let the owners pick my meal and they did not go wrong on the carry out order. Even offered me a glass of tea while I waited 10-15 minutes for my order to be prepared. I have a feeling I am spoiled now as I will always compare future cuban to this experience.

• Visited July 2013
Shawn, thank you so much for taking the time to write us your review; as always, we truly appreciate it! I have to say that we are in fact guilty of spoiling everyone of our customers that will allow it! After all, as I have said on other review responses, it is about you guys and not us! Also, thank you for placing your trust in us by allowing us to pick your meal....we really enjoy doing that. At any rate, we look forward to your next visit with us!