“The Lil Cuban Cafe is a hidden jewel of the Smokies.”
Review of Lil' Cuban Cafe - CLOSED

Lil' Cuban Cafe
Cuisines: Cuban, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are located in the Trillium Cove Shopping Village right next door to Steve Norris's Art Studio. The cafe has three indoor dining areas,the Cafe Lobby, the Main Dining Room and the upstairs Party/Dining area. As an added bonus we also have the Cafe Patio outdoors where you can relax, enjoy your meal and take in the beautiful mountain views while listening to some of our favorite Cuban music.OPEN WEDNESDAY THRU SATURDAY 11AM TO 8PM SUNDAYS NOON TO 4PMCLOSED MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS
“The Lil Cuban Cafe is a hidden jewel of the Smokies.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I are locals and we love everything about the Lil Cuban Cafe. The first time we tried this cafe the owner asked if we had ever eaten Cuban food. When we said no he pulled up a chair a explained the whole menu. We have returned many times and have never been disappointed. When you go be sure to ask if the cook, the owner's wife, has tried anything new. She is always experimenting with new creation, and they are always great. Give them a try. You will be glad you did.

Eddie P, Guest Relations Manager at Lil' Cuban Cafe, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments and your recommendations; it is the reason that we are here....because of all the support that we have been receiving from our valued customers! On another note, we are in the process of finalizing our web site which of course will include an on-line menu. There are new menu items being added...so it is great advice to check and see what is new! When the weather starts to turn normally triggers our creative juices...so look for these great dishes that are coming soon! Look forward to your next visit!

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“#1 rated restaurant lives up to it's billing”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My brother and I love pork and cuban style is hard to beat. Eddie (the owner) took my brother and I upstairs where we could watch TV and proceeded to tell us his history in the business. He made several trips up and down the stairs to check on us and recommend different items from the menu. My brother had never tried cuban cooling and was blown away by the cuban sandwich. I had a meal with pork, rice (two kinds thanks to Eddie) and plaintains.Can't wait to go back!

Visited September 2012
Dave, just wanted to drop you a short note and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with all of us; we really appreciate it! We are of course very happy to hear that both you and your brother enjoyed your dining experience with us and we very much look forward to seiing you guys again real soon! Thank you for having given us the opportunity to serve you.
pennsylvania
“Wonderful, Flavorful Food”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The short story is this: Stop at this restaurant!!! Now for the details, we sat outside at a table with umbrella, lovely location, view the mountains as you eat. The man who waited on us was very warm and friendly, making you feel so welcome. Now for the best...the food...wow. We had Cuban sandwhiches, piled high with tender meat, wonderful bread, flavors that just danced on your taste buds, as promised not spicy, but very flavorful. Also had an empenada which too was wonderful and did have dessert the sweetie....slices of bread somehow toasted with a sweet sauce and strawberries. That does not begin to explain it, you just have to get it. So nice to have a place that is unique and simply wonderful eating experience. This is not your chain restaurant...go here for something truly special.

• Visited October 2012
Eddie P, Guest Relations Manager at Lil' Cuban Cafe, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with all of us; we certainly appreciate it! We are indeed very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to operate our restaurant from such a wonderful and beautiful place as is Trillium Cove in Townsend, TN. You are absolutely right about the views also, they are truly breathtaking. On behalf of all of us at the cafe, thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We are very aware of how many dining choices our visitors have, so it goes without saying that we were thrilled to have you choose us for what turned out to be a "wonderful" experience for both your family and us! We look forward to your next visit!
Dayton, Ohio, United States
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Lil' Cuban was mentioned repeatedly on the Great Smoky Mountains Facebook page as "the best restaurant in the Smokies". Our family visited while we were on vacation the week of September 10th and I have to say we, unanimously, have never been so excited over food! Everyone LOVED it, even my 80 year old mom who is pretty picky sometimes. After dinner, we didn't think the food could get any better until Eddie brought us dessert...Lil' Cuban Sweety (I think that's what it was called). Again, we were just over the moon with what great food it was. Eddie and the crew were great hosts and wanted us to have "the Cuban experience.." .and I'm sure you can see they succeeded. We'll be back as a family next fall. I'm going back in February with girlfriends and a meal at Lil' Cuban has been my only request... See you soon Eddie! :o) -Lori Alejandro (for Alain, Lee & Lori, & mom...)

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Lori A
Eddie P, Guest Relations Manager at Lil' Cuban Cafe, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Lori, I can truly say that you have an awesome family! We are so happy you guys decided to spend time with us, and we want you to know that it was an absolute pleasure meeting your family. It goes without saying that we look forward to your next visit in February! By the way, thank you so much for taking the time to write your review; it really means a lot to us! See you soon!
Calera, Alabama
“Better than Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had never had a Cuban sandwich, and I have to say I will probably never have another as good as the one I had at Lil' Cuban Cafe. As prolific as I normally am, I am lost for words to describe the scrumptious, melt-in-your-mouth pork and the authentic Cuban bread that is brought in directly from Miami. Not only was the food delicious, but the service was exceptional. My famiy and I enjoyed every minute, smile and bite! We can't wait to try the new location when we are back in Townsend next summer, but I sure could go for one of those phenominal sandwiches right now!!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank WheatandCindy2
Eddie P, Guest Relations Manager at Lil' Cuban Cafe, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Wow! It is great to hear from you guys! F.Y.I, our new location is such a blessing and it is so great to be here. It was a pleasure serving your family, and we cant wait to show you our new facility. Please remember that none of this would be possible without the support of the many families such as yours that continue to honor us by allowing to serve them. Please remember that even if it sounds cliche, it truly is ALL about our ever growing family of customers, its NEVER about us. We look forward to seeing you guys again on your next visit to Townsend, and to introduce you to all of our wonderful neighbors at the shops of Trillium Cove! Until then....Gracias!