“Affordable, Friendly, and caring group”

Davy Crockett Riding Stables
Waco
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Affordable, Friendly, and caring group”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My family and I were headed back to Texas and stopped in this stable (wife and 4 children). We did not have a reservation but they were able to fit us in without a wait.

Visited May 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must-do on your trip to the Smoky Mountains!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

After much research on the best place to go horseback riding in the Smoky Mountains, we decided to go to Davy Crockett Riding Stables in Townsend. We were staying at a cabin in Gatlinburg and enjoyed the ride over to Townsend. I would definitely recommend calling to make a reservation before you make the drive over. That way you won't have to wait.

Although I was a little nervous about my first time on a horse, the staff made me feel right at ease. Me, my husband, and our 3 teenagers had a very pleasant ride with our guide, Josh. He made us feel right at home with the horses. The ride was beautiful and we were able to take some great pictures of the Smoky Mountains. Wonderful way to spend a May afternoon! Will definitely return here!

Visited May 2013
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Little Scenic Adventure”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We visited the stables for my daughters birthday gift. This stable was the only stable around that allowed four year olds to ride so it was our only option but we were not disappointed. The kids got to see a horse get shoed, the men at the stable were very nice to the kids and helped them get on their horses. You get a guide for your adventure through the woods around the Cades Cove area. Jimmy was our guide and he did great, even hooked his lead horse up to our four year olds to guide him then near the end unhooked and let him guide the horse himself. The horses were great and appeared well taken care of.

This horseback riding adventure was great and we will go back.

TIP:
Be sure to bring cash for a tip for your guide!

“Authentic trail ride!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The experience was neither touristy nor boring. We felt like we hopped on a pair of horses and took off into the woods.

Our guide, Jimmy, was friendly, helpful and let us have some fun with the horses. The horses were well mannered and responded well to commands. The trail was not a flat ride in a line through a meadow; we went up and down hills and through rough terrain.

If you are looking for a real riding experience, then Davy Crockett is the place for you.

Mobile, Alabama, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Rude, terrible service, not kid friendly”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My sister in law and I took our kids to ride horses. We called ahead and asked if we could each double with our 3 and 4 year old. We were told that we could and there was no weight limit. When we got there, we had to wait at least 20 minutes to be assisted. The man who helped us was very rude. He made comments which insinuated that the children were a bother. He also made some other rude comments anout us personally. He told us that we had to mount the horses from the ground. At this point, we asked for our money back and left. The prices may be a little better, but it is not worth it.

3 Thank Tracy M