“Great time! Highly recommend!”

Davy Crockett Riding Stables
Washington, DC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great time! Highly recommend!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Friendly, warm & helpful, experienced staff. The trails were beautiful, with a lovely meadow, views, forest & trees, views of the mountains, interesting plants, and many trails to choose from. Plus we had a very nice guide along with us named Josh. My daughters said it was the best time they've ever had riding horses. At the end of our ride, they let the girls stay and brush the horses. Girl heaven!! Our girls are 8 & 10 and had no problems at all with the horses. Stables were clean. Tip: After you ride, go to the Black Bear Cafe for a Reuben sandwich or a BLT. My husband had a delicious piece of Key Lime Cake.

Smithfield, Va
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Staff, Variety of Horses, Beautiful Trails”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My kids and I are from the city and my daughter wanted to go Horseback Riding. Let me tell you there are tons of place to take inexperinced people on a trail. I called several of the places and looked for coupons and read all the reviews on Trip Advisory. I called Davy Crocketts and the gentlemen on the phone was the most friendly. I told him that my daughter wanted to ride a specific type of horse and he said he would put one aside for her since we made a reservation. We showed up and within 30 min we were on the trail. It was my daughter 10, and son 8 first time riding. It was the most afforable in the area without a coupon. There are some trails closer to where we are staying but this stable was worth the trip. The horses were great. The staff was friendly, down to earth, and accomadating. Josh, our tour guide was great with the kids and talked with everyone. The groups were small and not on top of each other. The best thing was the trail. On past horse trails it was just a flat trail. These trails take you up hills and down. Made it more exciting for my kids. It was there first time and I have been several times and we all had a good time. I highly recommend Davy Crockett Riding stables.

Odon, IN
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun and Relaxing Trail Ride”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Originally, I was going to go to Cade’s Cove Riding Stable but they told us it would be an hour and a half wait at least before we could get on a horse. We called Davy Crockett’s and they were very accommodating. When we got there, my fiancé and I both told the staff that we own horses and have experience with them. I got to ride the newest horse at the stable (Snowy) which was very fun. They let you take cameras on the trip so I was snapping pictures from horseback the whole time. The horses all looked very well cared for and happy. Snowy was great considering he was so new. Most of the trip was walking but we did a little trotting too, which was a big thrill for the riders in our group that had never ridden before! We did the hour ride. There wasn’t too much scenery but it was basically just a nice relaxing trail ride through some hills. I will make sure to post a few pics. If you like horses, you’ll have fun with the crew at Davy Crockett’s.

2 Thank Chelsey B
Ironton, Ohio, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Had a great time at Davey Crockett Stables. We had three girls that had never been on a horse before. The staff did a great job matching them up with their horses I actually rode a mule named Smoke and he was very gentle. Rhonda was our guide and she done an excellent job. I highly recommend this stable.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank John B
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Big group - great trip”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Noah was awesome! We showed u without reservation and they accommodated all 10 of us, 6 kids and 4 adults. We chose the 1 hour ride and got every bit on it. These guys are great!

Visited July 2012