“Best horse back riding experience ever”

Next to Heaven Adventure
Ranked #5 of 32 things to do in Townsend
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Avon Lake, Ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best horse back riding experience ever”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The owners are so friendly and they match the horses up with the personality of the people riding them. The scenery was absolutely beautiful. It was worth the $30. This is where everyone should go to ride!

1 Thank viajeradivertida

Dumas, Texas
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“awesome time spent here”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Took grandkids by here for the zip line and horseback ride. This may be a smaller place but it definitely is as much fun as the other ones and no long wait lines and the owners are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. The kids said the horseback ride , which you do without a guide was awesome and they have their own horses and ride all of the time. Their zip line is as good as any you will find any where. If you don't want long lines, nice people,great times this I the place to go.

“Beautiful ride!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The people were very nice and treated us very well. It was a gift to ride that day. The views were incredible. The horses are well behaved. The only problem was that the "horse guy" was trying to train new lead horses and mine was one that was used to following while my daughter's was used to leading. He had them switched up that day. I was constantly trying to get mine to go while my daughter was constantly trying to get her's to whoa. The experience was still a blessing, but the horses would be much better off with the right trainers and not the customers which the owner completely agreed with. She was the one that let us know why the horses were acting the way they were. They were just doing what they know. I WILL, however, be back. These are people who care.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Won't be back...”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My 11 year old daughter who absolutely LOVES horses had been begging us to take her there to ride since we visited last summer, so we finally relented. We knew from our last trip that they were closed on Sundays because they are a Christian run business, which we can totally appreciate since we are as well. However from the moment we got out of our car I was disappointed. One of the owners was outside watering flowers when we pulled up and when we got out she asked whether we were there to zip line or ride horses, when we said we wanted to ride horses, she looked annoyed, rolled her eyes and went back to watering her flowers. Soooo we went inside to inquire about riding and the gentleman behind the counter wasn't much better. After we paid and got situated on our horses we started the climb up the mountain. The trip itself was beautiful, and the length of the trip was decent for what you pay. The bad part came about midway through when we noticed that my husband's horse was struggling to navigate hills both up and down. My husband is not little but definitely under the 225 limit and he was given a horse that was specifically geared for the extra weight. Since his horse was the lead horse, the trip was very, very slow because his horse was struggling so much. It got so bad that eventually my husband felt bad for the horse and got off and walked. Which he proceeded to do for almost half of the trip. At one point we wondered whether the horse would make it back. As soon as we came over the ridge one of the owners saw us and you could tell by the look on his face that he thought we were going to complain and want our money back, which we had no intention of asking for. After the owner asked if he got bucked off, and we told him no, he proceeded to insist that there was nothing wrong with the horse, without even asking why we thought there was. He told us the horse was lazy nothing more. I can understand that as a business owner they've probably seen and heard it all, but their overall demeanor was neither courteous or Christ like. Which I think is a shame given the fact that they string scripture all along the trail. We all have bad days, I get that, but this was more than a bad day. And since my husband runs his own business he's very perceptive on how others run theirs. The only plus was that it was unguided, but I'll forgo that next time for courteous service from people that appreciate our business.

4 Thank Schelleci
Tickfaw, LA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Time!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My daughter 16 ( who has been riding since she was in diapers) , my son 22 and his girlfriend 19 went to Next to Heaven to ride horses on our trip and loved it!! My daughter has rode at every stable in the area and loved this one because it's unguided!!! She said it was much more fun not having a guide and you were riding alone...this horses knew where they were going and it was a a lot of fun for them!!