“Bad attitudes....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Tremont Outdoor Resort
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have stayed 4 times total in campground ... The reason we have stayed that much Is location location location... It's not for the friendliness I assure you. The ladies are rude and will not tell you what spot you will have untill you get there and I have never gotten a good spot. No matter how much I pay! And we do pay a lot!! Go to koa, or one of the others, it will be cheaper and less like prison.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Gypsyfamily6

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Loved this place when we arrived. Campstore was well stocked and clean - prices were not outrageous (actually pretty decent). People in the store were friendly. The sites on the creek are kept clean and the covered patios are great. A little highway noise if you stay in the spots close to the road, but the campground itself more than makes up for it. Strong WIFI everywhere in the camp. Pool and shower house were clean and well kept.

There is no AT&T or Verizon signals onsite, which led to the only issue we had the entire time we were there. We could not co-ordinate with family staying in a hotel, so they had to come into the campground to meet us when we got together. They were initially charged $3.00 a person (x3) just to drive into the camp to let us know they were ready to go to Cades Cove. The campground host refused to refund it at first (they were there less than 10 minutes), but they did make it right the day we left and refunded the charge to me (without me mentioning it again) with a letter apologizing for the misunderstanding. I do like the fact that they attempt to control guests with the fee but think they should have a 15 minute pass since there is no cell phone coverage.

Will definitely stay here during our next stay in Townsend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I made a reservation by phone (since you can't make them online). Nothing was said to me about the deposit not being refundable. Due to my family being military, we had to cancel the reservation just a few days later, but still 60 days out. When I asked about a refund of the deposit ($175), I was told NO! THEY DON'T GIVE REFUNDS....IT'S THEIR "POLICY". I spoke with the manager and tried to explain that I was not told up front about this policy, and IT IS NOT ON THEIR WEBSITE! She said it was on my confirmation (after it was charged to my credit card!) I also tried to explain that I was a past customer, and this was a military reason, completely out of our control. She refused to work with me and kept referring to their "POLICY" that has been in place for 20 years. I have up to one year from the date of my reservation to reschedule another stay and they will transfer "a portion" of my deposit to that reservation. However, after being treated the way I was, I am willing to write off the money rather than stay with them and give them more money! I will NEVER stay with TREMONT OUTDOOR RESORT again! I hope that everyone planning a trip to the Great Smokey Mountains will stay somewhere else! This company does not comprehend Customer Service. This is a slap in the face to our Military Families! DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE! THEY ARE NOT UPFRONT WITH YOU ..VERY DECEPTIVE....AND WILL NOT DO THE RIGHT THING!

Room Tip: Get a Cabin further up the river
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank Tina B
Reviewed December 9, 2011

First, let me say that the location is gorgeous (right next to the river but there are many campgrounds next to the river) and proximity to everything is great. Staff is friendly. However, this place is expensive but I knew that going into it. $35 base rate for 2 people and $4 per day/ person after that. Also, $5 per extra car/ per day. We had 4 adults & 2 cars which brought our daily rate to $48 + 14.25% tax. I went in Sat morning to tell them that Sat night, we would only have 3 ppl so could they knock off the extra $4 charge since she wouldn't be there. Sorry, no refunds. Ok. I asked if we could do a late checkout and was told it would be $3 hr. Really? This place was EMPTY! We had already spent $275 and couldn't stay a bit longer without getting charged?! We decided to stay a 6th night so late checkout didn't matter anymore. They initially undercharged us for the 6th night but quickly REFUNDED that and re-charged the correct amount. Thought there wasn't any refunds?! I would not stay here again because of the expense and their unwillingness to budge. It was nice this time of year because of the privacy but any other time, you would feel on top of each other. Office hours are silly too: 10am- Noon. Closed Noon-3pm. 3pm- 5pm.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Now_Picture_This
Reviewed October 9, 2011

CG staff left tractor in neutral on top of the hill. The runaway tractor was heading straight for the playground with my 2 children and 7 other nieces and nephews. The tractor clipped the corner of an old building and stopped the runaway tractor 50ft from the kids. CG staff never even apologized. They actually got an attitude about it.
They failed to mention their bridge was under construction, 1 lane, 9ft wide, construction crews, cranes, metal pounding, you get the picture. It sounded like thunder anytime someone drove over the bridge, even at night.
Don't even bother with sites B and C if you have any kind of camper. They have just spread gravel on the hill side and called it a day.
All of this for $74.99 a night for 2 adults and 2 children under 10. Save your time and go to the KOA, it's right next door and much nicer.

Room Tip: Stay on loop "A" if you must go. B and C are obviously a poorly thought out after thought...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Jeff D
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed in the Knotty Pine cabin and we can't wait to go back. Beautiful, quiet, a jacuzzi, porch swing and the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blackirishdave
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I previously wrote a very negative review of Tremont Outdoor Resort based on the fact that what I was quoted for a stay over last Thanksgiving and what I ended up being charged when leaving ended up being entirely different. I have since rescinded that review thanks to the absolutely stunning and completely, in my view, unheard of interjection by the owner of the property, Mr. Wilson Reynolds.

The reason the fact he contacted me at all blew me away is for two reasons: (1.) In this day and age, its rare for most to exhibit the kind of genuine caring and customer service to the degree that they freely admit they make a mistake and try to make amends for it at all just in general, but more specifically in this case... (2.) Mr. Reynolds, for those who know nothing about him (which included me prior to him contacting me) owns several vacation properties in different parts of the country, as well as operates a professional photography business and also does work for several different television shows, including having done some work for Deadliest Catch. He obviously must be an extremely busy man on various fronts, but yet it was important enough to him that any interactions the people he serves is done on a proper and ethical basis that he didn't even just simply have the company contact me to try and rectify things, but rather he did so himself, personally.

Even if all I received was a phone call alone with an apology, I would have been amazed and extremely impressed, but he did direct Tremont to issue me a refund. It wasn't a complete refund between the difference I was quoted and what I ended up paying, but it was a refund between what I paid and what I should have legitimately been charged given their holiday policy, and Mr. Wilson went further in our conversation to extend me the offer of a free weekend on top of that to one of his properties. I can't express properly in words just how amazed and impressed I was by his taking the time out of his day to contact me personally, to apologize and try to rectify the situation in order to turn me from a disgruntled customer into a happy one, and on that basis alone, I would happily recommend consideration of any of his properties (you can find info about some of them through his personal website, http://www.wilsonreynolds.com/.

As for the specifics of our stay last Thanksgiving (2010), in general it was wonderful. We stayed in the Mountain Splendor cabin, and the location was great, the cleanliness was great, and the amenities were mostly great. The only thing we had an issue with was the wireless internet not working which couldn't be resolved during our stay, and aside from that, the only caveat amenity wise I'd perhaps take a slight issue with given the cost involved for rental of this cabin is the lack of a more modern and a bit larger widescreen television. But for the most part, our actual stay was wonderful and with Mr. Reynolds' generous offer on two fronts to rectify the main issue I had, I can definitely give this place a positive review now.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple