Townsend / Great Smokies KOA
$120
Best Western Cades Cove Inn(Townsend)(Great Value!)
$118
$190
Travelocity
Talley Ho Inn(Townsend)
  • Pool
All reviewsdeluxe cabingas stationthe riverclean campgroundfire pitbunk bedsgas grillgreat playgroundhay ridesoff leashbath housebasketball courtcades coverv sitescamp storebig lotsleash free dog
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We enjoyed our past weekend staying in one of the cabins. We have stayed here before in our travel trailer and one of the lodges before as well. We enjoy coming here for the activities for kids, swimming in river and pool and the playground is great too! The bathrooms/bath house is very clean and port-a-potties are located on the grounds. The staff is always friendly and most helpful. Only complaints I would have is kids flying around on their bikes with campers pulling in and out constantly. I realize the campground has no control of that but very scary as a Mom. (Just saying) Lastly, the prices are a little steep to camp whether it be in a camper or in a cabin. My husband came up to visit us and they charged him $5 to enter. He wasn't even staying the night with us. I think we paid plenty of money to camp there and shouldn't charge guests especially that aren't staying the night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We live about 3 hours away from Townsend. We decided to take a day trip and stay one night here. We went to Cade's Cove and then back to our cabin. We stayed in a Deluxe Cabin. It was very nice, clean. The staff was so nice and friendly. If they saw us walking around they would say hello and ask if we needed anything. Felt very safe here and seems that there are lots of staff to help you out. There is a camp store right there if you forget anything. The pool is nice. The playground is awesome for kids. We really had a great time.. So great that we planned another trip in just a few weeks where we will stay longer.
Also, there is a group that does children's activities during the week days and something special on Saturdays. We didn't get a chance to do it this trip, but my little girl is looking forward to it for next time. It was a lot of fun! We love this KOA!

Room Tip: We stayed in Deluxe Cabin #7. It was very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2014

If you have children there is lots for them to do. But, if you are just a couple it is overpriced. If it rains, which is does, the cable channels are limited and with the lovely trees there is no satellite views. It is clean and well-maintained. but $70+ dollars is steep when camping. Campers do observe the quiet hours and drive slowly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cheri H
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I love this place, it is so tranquil. I could not have afforded it if my 5 children were still at home. My husband and I take our 2 teenagers here and stay in the lodges. They are automatically disconnected even though they have wi-fi,kids can not get reception. The camp store is very reasonable. There is a grocery store and dollar general close by. Everyone goes tubing while I go antique shopping. Then in the evening bar-b-que and s'mores.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank NewOrleansLady_13
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have stayed at this KOA several times and always leave happy and anxious to return. The campground is located next to the Smoky Mountain Park on the Little River. We stayed in one of the deluxe cabins facing the river and loved every moment. The campground is well kept and has a friendly and helpful staff. Our cabin was very clean and had everything in it that we needed. The only suggestion I would make is for the staff to leave a couple of extra trash bags in the kitchen. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family