Townsend Lodge
$120
Best Western Cades Cove Inn(Townsend)(Great Value!)
$110
$200
Orbitz.com
Talley Ho Inn(Townsend)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 22, 2012

They advertise as New Rooms!! The only thing new is the TV!! The bathtub is painted (which is coming off)...the floors are filty I would NOT walk on them without shoes...the bed was horrible....the light in the room was so dark you couldn't hardly see. Please look elsewhere for a room....we will never stay here again!! I know it's supposed to be owned by the owners of Riverstone Lodge, but it's has a long way to go to be considered NEW ROOMS!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank candiandrob
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The price is pretty good... though I was surprised when I checked in and the manager couldn't remember the price she gave me when I reserved the room. Unless they have a weekday rate and a weekend rate, that doesn't make much sense. Even then, you should know those rates.
The walls are VERY thin. You can hear everything that happens in the neighboring rooms and outside.
The rooms seem pretty clean, though the sight of a couple of car air fresheners hanging in the corner by the vanity seemed a little strange.
From what I can tell, they use a standard wireless router like what people use for their homes for their advertised free wi-fi. I stayed in the third room over from the office and connectivity was terrible.

I heard on another site that this is owned by the same people who own Redstone Lodge down the street. That's what convinced me to give this place a shot when Redstone didn't have any vacancies. If it is owned by the same people, I'm disappointed that they haven't made the improvements needed to get this place as enjoyable as that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jill B
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed there 2 night and would have looked else where but it was a holiday weekend so we made the best of it. If you want a laid back hotel this is for you if you want clean rooms maybe not. When we pulled up a couple were sitting outside smoking and they wanted to know if we were checking in and then the woman put her cigarette out and came in and checked us in. The room was not cool and the air conditioner was above the bathroom mirror. There was a step stool to change the temp on the air. The coffee pot cord would not reach any outlet but the one on the bathroom sink. The coffee bag with no wrapper was stuck in a cup. Not sure how many spiders we killed while we were there. We did enjoy sitting around the fire at night and met some nice people. The rooms are not really clean I didn't walk barefoot on the carpet, the bath tub had been painted and it was coming off, there was a crack in the tile. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FDSJA
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The manager was very nice and helpful. This place is very old. It does have direct tv. The beds are comfortable, but the rooms are very small. A lot of people with motorcycles stay here, so it is very loud.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank hdhale7
Reviewed June 15, 2011

A group of us stayed at the Scenic and loved it. It was quite and clean. The prices are not too bad either. Townsend is the place to stay if you want a quite night!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple