Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Great price, fun, not for everyone

My husband and I decided to go tubing at Cowboys so we could tube different part of the river. The... read more

Reviewed August 12, 2018
Penny F
via mobile
They treat you like family! Quality tubes, nice shuttle, picnic area

We have been coming to Cowboys for years- they are like family. Even down to their 18 year old dog... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2018
dentalgal
Indiana

All reviews class rapids the river changing rooms tubing companies tubing experience water shoes best bang for your buck drop off point great fun life jackets picnic area small kids water level long story two teenagers starting point clean restrooms
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I was there the same Fourth of July week as the previous post. We were camped on the corner site and after watching others, had to try. They warned us about class 2 rapids and said that we were going at our own risk. They said they had closed many days before because of the speed of the current. We opted to go. My husband did flip out, and got scraped up. But all if the employees were very concerned and said they were considering shutting down again.

2  Thank volleygirlamy
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was the worst experience of our vacation. I specifically asked the staff if it was safe for my 7 year old daughter and was told that it would be no problem at all. She is a very good swimmer, so when they told me it was okay for her to go, I believed them. I also took my 12 year old son, his friend, and my husband. All three kids and my husband were injured. The rapids behind the campground are very dangerous. Residents were standing in the edge of the river saving people. If it wasn't for them, my kids may not be here. We had to leave the river and walk to the road. We could not finish tubing. The van picked us up and the driver was very unconcerned about the injuries. Two people had to be taken out by ambulance, one with a head injury. I would not recommend this for kids at all.

9  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Wow! What and adventure.....great staff and service. Lost a tuber and worried so much! We were on the river by ourselves because of the rain. Do not take children under 7 or 8 on this river. You must have some athletic ability.

4  Thank Rgregory1976
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We went tubin' yesterday for our anniversary, and Cowboy Tubbin' was terrific. Everyone was friendly, the changing facilities and bathrooms were clean, and the vans were clean. We arrived at the same time as a 19 person group, and the staff quickly attended to our check in and got us to the water ahead of the group.

That said, all tubing companies provide access to a natural feature, and they cannot be held accountable for what the river does on any given day. I read some reviews of other places, and customers were very angry about the experience the river provided (not the company they used). We went during a rainy day, and the water level was high and fast. I flipped twice, and got some cuts on my feet and legs (it was pretty scary at times). Luckily, my wife was able to grab my tube as it zipped away from me (I still have no idea how she did that). Because the water can be choppy and fast, I would recommend wearing old sneakers or water shoes in the event that you flip. I would also recommend that you ask if the water is moving fast, and if it is take them up on their offer of a life jacket (under 12 are required to wear them).

We had a great adventure in a very cold river, and we are planning to go back on a warmer more peaceful day.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This was the best thing we did in the mountains.. I do NOT recommend it for young children... Be sure you know what your getting to.. This is Class 2 rapids... Lots of rocks lots of brush trees etc.. They are a lot of fun but very strong in some places! Wear your life jacket at all times.. Stay on the tube and hold on!!!! Don't panic! The owners were awesome too! Couldn't ask for better people! Very clean changing rooms and bathrooms!!!

2  Thank Emmy1720