All reviews morning view large bathroom the main house bed and breakfast full kitchen the smoky mountains hot tub suite wedding foothills
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay at Country Manor Acres in Townsend, Tennessee - you know - the peaceful side of the Smoky's!

We both work 2 jobs and are always running to get things done - so rest, relaxation and de-stressing was the main object of our first vacation alone together in over 25 years!

At Country Manor Acres - we accomplished our goal! We stayed in the Octogan Room and we were amazed day after day at the beautiful and peaceful views that we had. The room was amazing and absolutely perfect! We both love to cook and we ate most of our meals there - hubby enjoyed grilling while looking out over the Smokies!

The hot tub on the deck with the beautiful scenery was the highlight of our days!

Once you arrive at Country Manor and look out - you think you are miles from anywhere - when actually you are within 5 minutes of Townsend TN - a small town that has just enough stores to make your stay comfortable. Plus there are artist galleries popping up around town along with a few antique and flea market style shops.

April Jopling is very caring and takes care of all of the details! Her son Jeff was there with her and they made sure we had everything we needed - and never interfered with our privacy. They are gracious and kind and willing to do what it takes to please their guests.

I totally recommend Country Manor Acres - it is not that high up on the mountain - but the view is gorgeous - plus there are no hair-pin-turns to deal with in getting to the guest house! The hospitality is uncomparable! The king size bed was wonderful and comfortable! The hot tub was divine! The internet access kept us in contact with family at home! And the satellite tv kept us up to date on all of favorite shows (yes we are tv junkies)!

Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg/Sevierville are about 30 to 40 minutes away - and well worth the drive to spend the day there visiting! But the congestion of cars and visitors in those busy towns made me more than ready to head back to the quiet little town of Townsend and our wonderful room at Country Manor!

For you sports fans - we also attended the Vols football game on Saturday in Knoxville. We drove the 20 min trip to Maryville, caught the shuttle bus to Knoxville for a small fee and they delivered us to within 3 blocks of the stadium and were waiting on us at the end of the game for the return trip.

We will definitely return to Country Manor Acres in the future! The rental price is extremely reasonable and the easy access to the National Park and the neighboring bigger cities makes it the perfect place to stay. April can accomodate a couple or a family of 8 or more! Give her a call - you won't be sorry!

Date of stay: September 2010
1  Thank sewhite62
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We first contacted April Jopling in February 2009 concerning having our honeymoon there. There were a lot of details to go over as my soon-to-be wife was from England and I was from Mississippi. Miss April patiently listened to all our requests and also made a great deal of wonderful suggestions. We actually got married on the property and also spent our honeymoon there. Miss April and Mr Reid took care of ALL the details, including recommending a minister, telling us where to go for the marriage license, even suggesting different people who could make the wedding cake and a place where my wife could get her hair and nails done. The Joplings, including their son who was home from tour, went well and above in their help to make our honeymoon the most spectacular that it could be. They even took care of the after wedding meal...complete with a waiter, wine, and a completely mouth-watering meal, combined with simply the most stunning views in all of Townsend, Tennessee. Miss April and Mr. Reid took a very personal dedication in making sure that our Wedding went off without a hitch.They even suggested a great (and very reasonable ) photagrapher. We couldn't have asked for a more amazing place or more wonderful people to help with our special day. Because of their commitment to making sure that we had everything we needed to make our stay the most perfect that it could be, we have since visited and stayed at Country Manor Acres numerous times. We would never even consider staying anywhere else during our regular Mountain vacations. The Joplings and Country Manor Acres have earned our trust, friendship, and devoted loyalty for their dedication in providing truly the most unique and wonderful place to stay in the entire Smoky Mountain area.
We HIGHLY recommend this as the most wonderful place to stay in the Smoky Mountains!

Date of stay: April 2009
Reviewed May 16, 2010

My wife & I just got back from spending 4 nights at the Country Manor. We were on a get away just us and leaving the kids (4 of them) at home for some much needed R&R. The Country Manor was the perfect spot for us!

Here are some of the reasons why... very secluded setting, unparalleled views of the Townsend Valley, a 5 minute drive to the Smokey Mt Townsend entrance, Gracious & kind hosts, a room with amazing views. We were the only ones staying for the week. And since they only rent two rooms off of the main house, the most their would be is one other party.

So what's not to like? For us, nothing. This was the perfect place for us to stay, slow down for a couple of days, spend quality time with each other and having easy access to the Smokies and for a short rental period, the setting & views are really hard to describe in words. We really felt transported.

For some looking for closer proximity to entertainment and a lot of food options, stay somewhere in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. You also need to BYOB (breakfast) or go out. But there is a fully furnished kitchen in the Octagon Rm or in “the barn”. For us we couldn't of been happier and will look forward to our next stay at The Manor.

Here is their website as it took me a bit to find it on the web:

Date of stay: May 2010
Reviewed August 4, 2009

This lodge is on 60 acres of beautiful property. It is quiet, and just outside the entrance to the "Smokey Mountains". The scenery from our extra large deck was as wonderful as anywhere in the Smokey Mountains. We just loved sitting on the deck eating breakfast or reading a book. This is in the quaint small town of Townsend, which has a few very nice restaurants. The town of Townsend is nothing like the other Tennessee entrance to the Smokey Mountains (Gatlinberg and Pigeon Forge). If you want a hugh amount of kid activities then find a place in Pidgeon Forge. Pidgeon Forge was way too busy and noisy for me. On the other hand Country Manor Acres and the town of Townsend was relaxing and a place you can reallly enjoy nature. The owners of Country Manor are very hospitiable and charming. They are happy to show off their fine property. The rates were also very reasonble. This is a GREAT value.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank TravelingHappyAl
Reviewed August 4, 2009

About half a dozen years ago, my husband and I began travelling with his sister , and her husband. We purposely chose to go to places in the US. Our primary concern was to be in a beautiful place. We wanted to bond with nature, but not necessarily be part of the nature we sought. In other words, no camping. While I enjoy a tree as much as anyone, I had one overriding demand. Any lodgings where we were to stay overnight MUST have a LOBBY. This way I could be assured that we would not be camping out!

We've stayed at many facilities located in many directions from Chicago,where we live, from National Park Lodges (with lobbies) to 5 Diamond resorts. But in its unique way, Country Manor Acres is the most amazing. Located in Townsend, KY, Country Manor Acres is located on about sixty acres of rolling hills, majestic trees, grazing horses, and Smokey Mountains. We stayed in a most beautiful cabin which was vast enough to house three separate families. Allen and I opted for the first floor (The Octogon), since I had recently broken my foot--not too conducive to stair-climbing or mountain hiking--but I had a wonderful time anyway. The Octogon is named for what it is an octogon shaped room, with windows affording a multidirectional view. We also had a full modern kitchen, living room, dining room, beautiful updated bathroom and shower, and satellite television. TV is also one of my prerequisites in selecting lodgings, but that is another long story.

Our sister and brother-in-law stayed on the second floor (separate keyed entrance), and they had access to two bedrooms and a bath with a spa tub,sitting room, and a wonderful balcony view. Obviously, another couple could have used the second bedroom. (She just used it to blow dry her hair and put on makeup!)

The center living area was inhabited by the owners of all this property, April and Reid Joplin. They take care of the place, and they are two of the more interesting people we've met in our travels. We definitely learned alot from them, as they made us feel like family. (They also are respectful of the guests' privacy if that is what you prefer.) We would usually meet them on the wrap-around porch where we shared extraordinary sunsets, and stories about our day's activities or their interesting and diverse lives.

The Country Manor Acres does have other facilities on the property which house many more people. April also runs a wedding business--there are many perfect wedding ceremony sites on the land, and interesting and exciting places for the reception for a great destination wedding.

I hope my enthusiasm for Country Manor Acres has come across in my revue. I give it a strong recommendation, and no, it doesn't have a lobby--it doesn't need one!

Date of stay: July 2009