All reviewsbath housethe riverclosed for the seasonenjoyed our staycampingcampgroundsitepadfolksgravelsmokies
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have been camping at Lazy Daze for a couple of years now and our family loves it. The Owner and staff make you feel at home and provide great customer service. The campground is nice and shady and has great access to the river with plenty of room to play or just sit and relax by the water. The kids also enjoy having the option to swim in the pool as well. The size of the campground is nice because the kids cant wonder to far off and everything you need inside the campground is close walking distance. The campground has a nice pavilion area that they corridnate with some church groups to come in and have activities and things for the kids . The location is very convienent to Cades Cove which is a must for my family. I also like that if my wife and I want to just getaway for the weekend and just relax without the work of camping that we can rent a little cabin inside the campground. Lazy Daze is a great place stay .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in July 2013. Love the area. Close to Cades Cove, Restaurants, Tubing, Grocery Store, Plenty of Activities in the area. Grounds & Pool are kept clean. Shady sites. People Very Nice.
The campground is very small, there were only RV's there... don't know if tents are permitted or not. The sites are way too close together, we struggled to get our 32 foot motorhome into one of the sites, once in it we weren't sure we could pull out our slide-out... it overhung into the site next to us, but fortunately the RV there was unattended the 4 days we were there. If there had been campers there, we had to pray that they wouldn't start a fire in the fire-ring, as it was almost under our slide-out, definitely would have caused damage. We could not pull our awning out, simply no room. No room to store our car dolly, we had to keep stepping over it. No privacy, could hear the neighbors on the otherside as if they were in our site. Store only sells a few items-no groceries. Sites not pet-friendly... it's all gravel... the pet walk area is all the way by the road and no one picks up after their pets...a bit nasty for us who clean up after our pets. Just too crowded for us, as we enjoy our privacy and room to move around. Cost too high for what you get....should be a $20 site not $40.

Room Tip: Call around and ask questions. Don't depend on website descriptions. Read Reviews.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed Wednesday through Sunday and had a great time!! We have a 28 foot travel trailer and had no trouble getting in or out. The owner actually helped me get out on Sunday morning as he was around cleaning and blowing leaves as people pulled out. Went in the store a couple of times and they where nice and friendly. Bought our River Rat tickets from them as they are discounted. Really enjoyed the family fun night (Mon-Fri 8:00-8:45). Good Christian atmosphere at the event. Would stay again!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. Beautiful place, amazing friendly staff make the stay even better. Very clean and very lovely place. Made the stay better was the fire pits and bath house. Staff is also willing to help no matter what time it is.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Roro4lyfe
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I use to work for lazy daze campground back in 2008 and 09 i find these reviews rude. I know the people who own it and they are nothing like what is being said. I think the campground it awesome. The staff very friendly people it is a campground not the ritze or any other high dollar place. It is a very peaceful place. The smallness of it is what makes it a great place to stay. I think that the bad reviews are just stupied. I will always stay there and tell my friends

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends